Boost Mobile Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Boost app or BoostMobile.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit https://www.boostmobile.com/support/contact-us.html
Boost Mobile Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Boost app or BoostMobile.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit https://www.boostmobile.com/support/contact-us.html

Download speeds

Highlighted
Accomplice

Download speeds

Hello everyone,

I have a LG G Stylo, I have 300MBPS internet at home, when i connect to my wi-fi with my phone and test speed, best i ever see is like 110.

but if i tet my speed from my laptop or my desktop i see 280-300 all the time.

does my phone have a download limit set by the processor?

I have spoken to LG and they tell me "The phone does not have the ability to limit download speeds" but im not so sure, my sister in law can connect and see 290 , and shes on an LG G5 with AT&T.

Help me understand.

ThanksSmiley Indifferent

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Accomplice

Re: Download speeds

There are things that we need to considered regarding with the actual download speed when you are downloading stuffs on your phone. First is number of applications that you installed on the phone, second is of course the age of the device, third is the location ( but if you are using wifi this doesn't apply) fourth is the availability of the storage that you set for default for your downloads.

Using your 300MBPS internet at home as wifi to your phone the breakdown is as follows...

LG G Stylo (Boost Mobile) average data speeds

- 4G LTE download rate 5.036Mbps
- 4G LTE upload rate 5.806Mbps
- Mobile site load 13 seconds (depending on site content)
- Temple Run 2 app download (44.91MB) 1 minute and 28 seconds
- "Gravity" movie download (487MB) 12 minutes and 32 seconds

To maximize the download speed you might wanna check this options.

1. Clear your app cache
Apps and services slowly build up caches that, in time, can eat up precious system resources. To do it manually, go in to Settings and then to Applications. Select an individual application that you use often, like your browser or a news reader, and find the Clear Cache button. Do this for all of your most-used apps.

2.Check network settings
This applies only if you are using Mobile Data. if you're using wifi make it sure that the wifi is turn on and you are on the area wherein you can get the best wifi coverage.

3. Disable or uninstall unused apps and widgets

The first step is to remove any widgets from your home screens that you don’t use. These are usually the biggest offenders and are easy to ditch. Just tap and hold on the widget and drag it up to the Remove icon at the top of the screen. This will not delete the app from your phone but merely remove the widget from the home screen and make it inactive.
To totally delete an app you need to enter the Applications Menu. From within here the procedure can vary from device to device. Sometimes you can just tap and hold, but usually you have to find the menu button and hit either Edit or Delete Apps. Or another option is if some widgets are installed on your phone memory hit the option " Moved to SD CARD" once you click the selected app.

4.Install an Ad Blocker

Many website and app owners will hate us suggesting this, but the truth is that ads use up a lot of resources. Not just processing power, but they chew through a bunch of your mobile data each month too. Finding a good ad blocking solution on Android is tough, but there is an ad blocking web browser. You will use this instead of your default web browser and it will keep your webpages ad-free. Find the AdBlock Browser by searching for it on the Google Play store.

I hope it helps

Thanks 🙂

Rick
-Boost Tech Support

Highlighted
Accomplice

There are things that we need to considered regarding with the actual download speed when you are downloading stuffs on your phone. First is number of applications that you installed on the phone, second is of course the age of the device, third is the location ( but if you are using wifi this doesn't apply) fourth is the availability of the storage that you set for default for your downloads.

Using your 300MBPS internet at home as wifi to your phone the breakdown is as follows...

LG G Stylo (Boost Mobile) average data speeds

- 4G LTE download rate 5.036Mbps
- 4G LTE upload rate 5.806Mbps
- Mobile site load 13 seconds (depending on site content)
- Temple Run 2 app download (44.91MB) 1 minute and 28 seconds
- "Gravity" movie download (487MB) 12 minutes and 32 seconds

To maximize the download speed you might wanna check this options.

1. Clear your app cache
Apps and services slowly build up caches that, in time, can eat up precious system resources. To do it manually, go in to Settings and then to Applications. Select an individual application that you use often, like your browser or a news reader, and find the Clear Cache button. Do this for all of your most-used apps.

2.Check network settings
This applies only if you are using Mobile Data. if you're using wifi make it sure that the wifi is turn on and you are on the area wherein you can get the best wifi coverage.

3. Disable or uninstall unused apps and widgets

The first step is to remove any widgets from your home screens that you don’t use. These are usually the biggest offenders and are easy to ditch. Just tap and hold on the widget and drag it up to the Remove icon at the top of the screen. This will not delete the app from your phone but merely remove the widget from the home screen and make it inactive.
To totally delete an app you need to enter the Applications Menu. From within here the procedure can vary from device to device. Sometimes you can just tap and hold, but usually you have to find the menu button and hit either Edit or Delete Apps. Or another option is if some widgets are installed on your phone memory hit the option " Moved to SD CARD" once you click the selected app.

4.Install an Ad Blocker

Many website and app owners will hate us suggesting this, but the truth is that ads use up a lot of resources. Not just processing power, but they chew through a bunch of your mobile data each month too. Finding a good ad blocking solution on Android is tough, but there is an ad blocking web browser. You will use this instead of your default web browser and it will keep your webpages ad-free. Find the AdBlock Browser by searching for it on the Google Play store.

I hope it helps

Thanks Robot Happy

Rick
-Boost Tech Support

Highlighted
Guru

Hi Toolbandfan666,

I think that you are sing the differences in WiFi throughput speeds due to your phones hardware limitations.

Looking at your LG Stylo you have a 1.2 GHz processor and only 1GB of RAM

While looking at the LG G5 it has a 2.15 GHz processor and a whopping 4GB of RAM

I just dont think the Stylo has enough umph to process incoming data any faster, espically considering it only has 1GB of RAM and would have to send the incomming data to the internal storage, basically, right away, without being able to keep anything in the buffer.

Yours,
-J
Check my badges!
If I have answered your question, please be sure to click the Accepted Solution_B.GIF button at the bottom of my Reply, so others can quickly find the answer they are looking for!

Highlighted

I have the LG tribute HD and I have a major problem. My 200mbps internet with Comcast with full signal (I'm a foot or two away from router) only gives me about 5mbps. This is horrible. I have 2 HTC crappy old phones that pick up even up to 150 of those 200 Mbps. So this guy solved my issue by informing me that my new phone isn't going to fly. Why pay for blast Comcast internet when I can't use it on my new phone. Looks like I'm dropping boost and getting the new Galaxy. It has a huge processor and huge ram I'm sure it'll handle 300+mbps
Accomplice

Hello Medbal!

Thank you so much for stopping by. We'd love to help. At this moment we have some offers with our phones in our stores and online. We will hate to see you leave. Please, send us a private message so we can further assist you.