Converting a Note 3 from sprint

Highlighted
Accomplice

Converting a Note 3 from sprint

Hey guys and glad I found this forum.

Been a boost customer for years and years..

Long story short, I want a note and the note 3 appears to be the only note supported by boost mobile (You get what I'm saying). 

So If I we're to get one used (I have boost mobile sim card in my other phone), can I switch the sim card into the Note, and be good? ***What's important is, I need to make sure I have hotspot, so if you have experience with this, Please share! 

If you've had luck getting a different note on boost network, Let me know,

15 REPLIES 15
Agent

Re: Converting a Note 3 from sprint

Hi there Jwood4290. The Note 3 from Sprint is compatible to be used with Boost Mobile. Once you have the compatible phone, you would need a new compatible sim card for the Note3 available at your nearest Boost store. Once you have your compatible phone and sim card, you could contact us through here and we will complete the changes for you, or you may complete the process on your online account. Victor21

Accomplice

Thank you Victor, more then helpful!

Also, could you please assure me that the hotspot will not be effected? Thank you. 

Agent

Hi Jwoods4290! Yes, you will be able to use the hotspot.

Accomplice

Hey victor, the vendor managed to send me the MEID number, is there anything I could do with that?  such as check if it's clean? 

and even though I own a ZTE warp elite (Boost mobile phone, boost network), I won't be able to use the same sim card, is that accurate? Thanks. 

Accomplice

To mention, I get an error when putting the MEID number in.  However, I did check it through websites (THE meid number) and it comes back clean. 

Agent

Hey, @Jwoods4290. The SIM cards may not be compatible, if they're not, please contact us to assist you.

Agent

When it comes to Sprint phones, the system will not recognize them as Bring Your Own devices. That may be the reason why you're getting an error message.

Accomplice

So regardless, I have to get it activated at a boost store?
Agent

You can activate the phone at the store getting the SIM card there or you can contact us to assist you with the process.