Boost Mobile Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Boost app or BoostMobile.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit https://www.boostmobile.com/support/contact-us.html
Boost Mobile Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Boost app or BoostMobile.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit https://www.boostmobile.com/support/contact-us.html

Bought a Used LG Stylo

Highlighted
Accomplice

Bought a Used LG Stylo

I purchased a Used LG Stylo for parts and the funny thing is the phone isnt Active yet I get Text Messages for the previous owner.  Is there a way to fully wipe this phone out of the Boost System so it stops getting text messages?

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Agent

Re: Bought a Used LG Stylo

Hi there! We'd love to help. If you haven't activated the device, Most likely it is attached to an account. Let's take a closer look. Can you send us a private message so we can work through this?

Highlighted
Accomplice

Hello Carol and thank you for responding.  I sent you a PM with the IMEI Number of the Phone that should not be active.

Highlighted
Agent

We advise you to make a factory reset. You have to go to Settings > Backup and reset > reset.

Highlighted
Accomplice

I thought I did that but I will do it again to see if it persists

Highlighted
Agent

Hi. Please let us know the results. Victor21

Highlighted
Accomplice

I did a factory restore and this morning I got text messages again for the previous phone owner.  When I try to text myself or to call out on the phone I get an automated message that the phone cannot be validated and to contact customer service.  Right now I just want it to be a phone without service and I just use it like a smaller tablet.

Highlighted

@beastnh Please check the following steps to do a factory reset on the phone. Let us know if this helps.

Perform a Master Reset via Hardware

http://devicehelp.boostmobile.com/scenario/G_Stylo/Boost_Mobile/en/Perform_a_Master_Reset_via_Hardwa...

1.It is highly recommended that you complete a backup of the device information and disable Device Protection before proceeding with the steps in this tutorial.

With the device powered off, press and hold the Volume Down key.

Note: The previous Google username and password will be required to set up this device if you do not disable Device Protection.

2.While holding the Volume Down key, press and hold the Power key.

Release both keys when the Recovery mode screen appears.

3.On the Android system recovery screen, press the Volume Down key to scroll to and highlight wipe data/factory reset.

4.With wipe data/factory reset highlighted, press the Power key.

5.Press the Volume Down key to scroll to Yes, and then press the Power key.

6.Once the wipe is complete, ensure Reboot system now is highlighted, then press the Power.

7.The device will restart.

The master reset is now complete.

- E.J.

Highlighted
Accomplice

Ok I did the master reset and will wait and see if I get texts for this guy.  It still lists his phone number on the phone.

Highlighted

@beastnh Gotcha. Let us know if it happens again. - E.J.