Boost Mobile Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Boost app or BoostMobile.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit https://www.boostmobile.com/support/contact-us.html
Boost Mobile Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Boost app or BoostMobile.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit https://www.boostmobile.com/support/contact-us.html

Boost Zone app not sending software updates information to servers

Highlighted
Accomplice

Boost Zone app not sending software updates information to servers

After installing update J700PVPU1AQA2 (and previous update) it shows up as "Flagged" under the Boost Zone app --> Device Diagnostics section.

When I click System Updates --> Device Software (Update now), it shows I have the latest version, but the Boost Zone app shows otherwise. Thank you in advance, I called Boost's "tech support" but they offered generic answers and basic solutions that didn't solve the issue.

Where's what I've tried to far which has not worked:
- Hard/soft factory reset
- Installed new SIM card
- Conacted Best Buy/Boost Mobile technicians
- Reactivated phone
- Tried Safe Mode
- Tried Samsung's Smart Switch app
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Promoter

Re: Boost Zone app not sending software updates information to servers

have you've tried  to  updating profile of the phone go to setting and also make sure wifi off data on anf look for system update and update profile. afterwards update boost application zone application on the phone on the play store? then  update software of the phone.if still not working. contact Samsung.

Highlighted
Accomplice

Hi, I have tried updating PRL, profile, and system software many times, but the issue is more within the Boost Zone app that won't recognize my phone has the latest firmware update with wifi on or off and shows system updates as being flagged . The Boost Zone app (or .apk) is not available on Google Playstore, unless now it has a different name. Samsung could not help me because the app is not theirs and the phone is receiving updates as it should. None of Boost Mobile's solutions have worked for me. Thanks.

Highlighted
Accomplice

Same problem hopefully its just a bug in the app unless my phone is not connecting to update servers also. I'm using my lg tribute hd
Highlighted
Accomplice

Today (finally) the new My Boost app was installed on my phone; there's no option to keep track of firmware updates and the interface is more user-friendly. Not a whole lot to see, but at least I don't get the error message anymore.
Highlighted
Community Manager

I believe you got caught in an end-of-life issue with the Boost Zone app itself more than anything else, @francisco73.  Ignore my rather moot advice in the other thread, obviously but do keep us posted if anything new crops up.  I'm getting a bit of help around the forums now as @GeekGeoff will be pitching in.  Answers should be faster going forward.

Community Manager

Captain of the Pirate Ship the Vicious Cream Puff

If my post (or someone else's) was especially amusing, helpful, or informative, show a little love by clicking the 'thumbs' up' icon to give it a kudos or marking it the Accepted Solution.

Highlighted
Community Manager

I don't typically like replying to myself but just got confirmation that firmware version and diagnostic info are both going to be included in future builds of My Boost Mobile.  @GoodLieYoung  The LG Tribute HD should be getting that app update pushed today (4/17/17).

It's come up in conversation that while you _can_ get the .apk from Playstore for My Boost Mobile, downloading it this way leaves Boost Zone installed on your device with no way to remove it.  Since many of us value our hard drive space, it might be best to wait for it to be released for our device model and update through the Zone notification as that will automatically replace Zone with My Boost Mobile.

Community Manager

Captain of the Pirate Ship the Vicious Cream Puff

If my post (or someone else's) was especially amusing, helpful, or informative, show a little love by clicking the 'thumbs' up' icon to give it a kudos or marking it the Accepted Solution.