sprint

Highlighted
Accomplice

sprint

I have a VM account and phone, and a Sprint account and phone.  I purchased three phones (at full price) from VM in 2018 and 2019 in order to use my top up account balances.  The phones have never been used.  I'd like to use one of the 'new' phones on my Sprint account.  When I enter the IMEI #s in Sprint's website, a message appears saying the phones are NOT paid off with Sprint.  Why is this occuring?  I paid for the phones want to be able to use them.

See more topics labeled with:
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Accomplice

The same exact thing happened to me. Used my balance to purchase a phone thinking if/when Boost Mobile came up with a similar plan, I would be able to use the new phone. I was informed AFTER the purchase that I will NOT be able to get on a PayLo type plan with Boost Mobile with my new phone. I was also told my new phone can't be unlocked until after 12 months of service. The phone hasn't been activated and I paid full price. So here I sit with a $399.99 phone that is useless.

Highlighted
Agent

General Eligibility for Unlocking:

Virgin Mobile will assist with unlocking a device under the following circumstances:

The device has not been reported as lost or stolen or otherwise flagged as ineligible to be unlocked
The device has been active on the associated account for at least 12 months with the account active at that time

You can find our unlocking policy online https://www.virginmobileusa.com/legal#unlocking

Highlighted
Accomplice

So, to be clear:  my account had a very high balance which caps at about $400, and if we don't use the money, our phones are shut off since we can't use the balance to pay for minutes.  The only way to use up some of the balance is to buy accessories or phones, which I did, and I paid FULL PRICE for the  phones (VM stopped selling accessories a few years ago so this was no  longer an option). There was no need for me to activate the new phones since my current phone works fine.  Now, I'd like to take this CDMA phone which is made for the Sprint network to my Sprint account, and you won't unlock the phone unless I used it for 12 months?  This  makes absolutely no sense. You force customer to buy phones to use their balance, but the phones are totally useless.  Is this a correct overview of the situation?

Highlighted
Agent

We work under the Sprint network. Keep in mind that our phones are network locked, and they must be active for 12 months on a Virgin Mobile account to be unlock eligible. 

Highlighted
Accomplice

Fonsy82, I understand that only Sprint can access their own system.  However, the problem is that I purchaed the phones from VM and the two phone IMEI numbers are flagged as unpaid by Sprint. They are also flagged as unpaid on other carrier's websites when I check the IMEIs.  I believe that you (VM) needs to change this, since I purchaesd the phones from you.  How could Sprint  mark the phones as  paid when they don't have proof that I paid you for them?

Agent

If they said that the phone owed a balance to Sprint, they have to remove it. We can't access their system.

Highlighted
Accomplice

Thank you for the reply Joy1713.  Yes, I contacted Sprint. They stated the device had a balance owed to Sprint, which is incorrect, since I bought it outright from VM in 2018.  Can you flag the two phones I purchased from VM in 2018 as fully paid in your system, so that I can activiate them on my Sprint account?

Highlighted
Agent

Hey there @whyvm We apologize for the inconvenience. Sprint is our mother company, did you contact Sprint directly? Please, confirm, if the device is authorized to be activated with them. 

~JoyP.

~ Joy P.
Highlighted
Accomplice

sprint

I have a VM account and phone, and a Sprint account and phone.  I purchased three phones (at full price) from VM in 2018 and 2019 in order to use my top up account balances.  The phones have never been used.  I'd like to use one of the 'new' phones on my Sprint account.  When I enter the IMEI #s in Sprint's website, a message appears saying the phones are NOT paid off with Sprint.  Why is this occuring?  I paid for the phones want to be able to use them.

See more topics labeled with: