how long does it take to activate?

Go to solution
Highlighted
Not applicable

how long does it take to activate?

i have tried to activate my iphone 6s number of times and last time was almost 48 hours ago, i was trying to port a google voice number. when i check the status it still says its in progress.. can anyone give me a better indicator? i might have put the wrong pin for my google voice account so the port might have not worked. (number did get unlocked though before i did the activation)

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Guru

No--as long as it is working do not "fix" it.Smiley LOL

Highlighted
Not applicable

hi i have a question. my phone started working after reboot. calls, text, data works. should i still program the phone using ##873283#?
Highlighted
Agent

Hi there Kevdar1219. Was the port complete and the phone is not working? if this is the case please complete the following steps:

1.Tap Phone
2.Tap keypad
3.Enter ##873283# then tap Call.
4.When Starting Service Update screen appears, tap OK.
5.When Service Update Complete appears, tap OK.
6.The Radio will reset. The iPhone update has completed

> Victor21

Highlighted
Agent

Thanks for letting us get it right for you, rosscjr!

Highlighted
Not applicable

How long until it works
Highlighted
Not applicable

it took virgin mobile 30 minuets to activate my iphone and port my number from straight talk wireless . one phone call. i had porting info ready. now i need to order my 15 bottle of Virgin Wine for $60! :wine_glass: :bottle_with_popping_cork: :italy:
Highlighted
Agent

Hey there, @shayo. We can check the status for you and confirmed if there's any incorrect information in the request. Can you please send us a private message with your phone number to be ported and pin used to submit the process?

Highlighted
Not applicable

I have talked to about 5 different agents in the past 3 days. and its almost impossible to get a hold of one. my question is. if i simply go and redo the activation process right now (which i know its possible), if i do it currectly this time, will it overwrite the old porting and activating process?

Highlighted
Guru

It is a little complicated.

Porting a number is a stand-alone thing and has nothing whatever to do with a particular phone.

There are FCC regulations that govern the porting of numbers and carriers are required to follow them  Typically that means to port a number one must confirm one "owns" the number and that is usually done by providing the account number and associated PIN.  If either is incorrect, the port fails.

Activation refers to the process of linking a phone to an account and is actually independent of the number associated with the line or programming the phone to work on a carrier. That part is called provisioning.

When setting up service on Virgin Mobile, all three things need to happen and it looks like it is a single operation but in fact is three separate things.

From what you have posted, it seems as if the port may be the problem.  If that is true, then you will not be able to get the service working until that is resolved.

Your best bet is to interact with an agent who will be able to look into your account status and see exactly what the situation is.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Not applicable

Thanks for the information, that helps me a lot!
just one question, when i submitted the activation request i had to give my  current carriers(google voice) account number and password, BUT i only realized my account password in my google account was not set since its a only numbers pin. i did set it though like 2 minutes later
will that effect it too? is the activation THAT instant?