how do I change my phone number

Go to solution
Enthusiast

Re: how do I change my phone number

But my area code should begin with 423 not 509, so before I make follow any instructions could you please give me a number to match my zip code? 

As stated in previous post, 37818. 

Thank you for being so quick & helpful btw!

Agent

Hi LizWClark0910. We were able to change your number successfully. Your new number is 509-879-2277. Please turn the phone off and back on then complete the following steps:

1. Wi-Fi off
2. Mobile Data on
3. Dial ##72786#.
4. Phone Reset Message displays. Select Reset, Done, or OK
5. The device power cycles. Allow the hands free activation to begin automatically.
6. Device checks for PRL update. Select OK
7. Device checks for software update. Select OK.
8. Device power cycles. Complete.

Agent

Understood. Please send us a private message to be able to continue to assist.

Enthusiast

Yessss there is nothing left for me to try on my end

Agent

Hello LizWClark0910. We'll be happy to assist. Have you try from an Explorer Browser? If not please do and let us know. Victor21

Enthusiast

Any chance I could get some of that help from you? 

I heard you were the lady to seek!

Need # changed, have tried thru the website every way possible, tried from other devices, cleared cache time after time, etc... still get the Application Process Error 😵

Agent

Hi, Please consider clearing the cookies and cache to the browser then log on to your online account and try again. Victor21

Enthusiast

Hi

im having the same issue...can't change number...get error message . Says application processing error.

please help

Highlighted
Accomplice

I've been trying to change my number for the past hour and no luck. I've done everything and nothing is working. I don't want to pay $15 fee when the website is offering for free. I need help and I have tried to message a few people on here but there isn't anyway that I can.

Please, I need someone's help. 

Agent

Hi. Even though you guys share a family plan, every number has it's own personal account.

To change the phone number, access your account on https://myaccount.boostmobile.com/ and  follow these steps:

1. Click Change Phone Number.
  2. Enter the ZIP code for the area where you make most of your calls and we'll check your coverage.
  3. Click Submit
    • Confirmation of Sprint coverage displays.
  4. Click Change My Number

• Success message displays.  Victor21