account temporarily locked

Go to solution
67 REPLIES 67
Agent

Re: account temporarily locked

Understood. Please shoot us a private message with the phone number and account PIN, and the IMEI (Plus SIM Card #)  on the back of the new phone you want to swap to.

Enthusiast

Yes. I read that in the thread. I’m pretty sure of my error. I was just wondering if there was a possibility of sound the swap with an agent or do I wait the 24 hrs. Thx
Agent

Hey there, @lisycas1! Sorry to hear about that. Please be advised that  if you made many failed attempts to access the account, the system won’t allow us to unlock the account for security reasons. The time frame to wait is:
•    3 failed attempts = Lockout for 1 hour
•    5 failed attempts = Lockout for 1 hour from the last failed attempt
•    7 failed attempts = 24 hour lockout (also known as IP lock)

Enthusiast

I’m trying to swap phones but my account got locked for wrong ping. I retrieved my ping but still got locked out for 24 hrs. Can someone help me do the phone swap?
Highlighted
Agent

Can you please send us a private message so we can take a closer look? 

Groupie

And therein lies the problem. I wasn't the one who made the attempts. Until this morning I have not attempted to log in to my account since the 3rd or 4th of this month. I was logging in to add hotspot capabilities to my plan and I got a message stating that that there have been too many attempts to log in to my account. Clearly someone, OTHER THAN ME, is attempting to log in to my account. What stops them from continuing to do so and me never getting access to my account again?

Agent

Unfortunately, if you made failed attempts to access My Account on the Web using the wrong Account PIN, you will have your account locked. We are not able to unlock your account. If you made from 3-5 failed attempts, you must wait 1 hour and from 7 failed attempts, you must wait 24 hours. Bear in mind that you can add funds to your account by dialing #233 from your Boost Mobile phone. 

Groupie

Yes, that is correct. This would be a major problem if I were trying to pay my bill. When I attempt to log in, I get a message saying that there have been too many failed attempts to log in to my account.

Agent

Hello nataku. Thanks for contacting us. We'd like to take a close look into this. What's going on? You cannot login into your account online? ~AmyM25

~AmyM25
Groupie

Unacceptable. The last time I logged into my account was to pay my bill. So obviously the attempt was made from somewhere else. So I'm just dead in the water for an entire day? What if I had to pay my bill, there has to be some other alternatives to this. This is the kind of thing that loses customers.