Boost Mobile Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Boost app or BoostMobile.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit https://www.boostmobile.com/support/contact-us.html
Boost Mobile Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Boost app or BoostMobile.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit https://www.boostmobile.com/support/contact-us.html

account temporarily locked

Go to solution
73 REPLIES 73
Highlighted
Agent

Re: account temporarily locked

Hello, Demon_MoonBat! Sorry for this hassle. We definitely want to look into this for you. Can you send us a private message with your phone number and PIN to verify your account? Thanks!

Highlighted

I forgot my pin originally, but since I knew a few things it could be I tried the most likely ones first, in order of likelihood. When I reached the first temporary lockout due to too many attempts, I requested it and received a text. I checked the time just after my last attempt, and waited an hour before trying again, didn’t refresh the page first so maybe it still thought it was locked? I then refreshed to make sure and tried again, and received the too many attempts 24 hour lockout message. I was trying to log in to see if my account (a prepaid service) was eligible for the galaxy s8 upgrade financing offer I’d received in a text that expires in less than 24 hours (on the 5th of this month). I’m more interested in knowing if I’m even eligible than in accepting the offer, tbh, but either way due to this error I won’t be able to (and it must be an error, I waited an hour then entered the CORRECT pin, which caused the 24hr lock). Thanks in advance to anyone who can clarify if my prepaid account would be eligible for the financing offer.

Highlighted
Enthusiast

I already sent you a message, please reply me ASAP, thank you
Highlighted
Enthusiast

Noted
Highlighted

Hi Tsuchimi! Please send us a private message to assist you. To send a Private Message, click my username or picture, then click "send this user a private message".

Highlighted
Enthusiast

Please unlock my acc , i accidently insert the wrong password, i need to use it now
Highlighted
Agent

Understood. Please shoot us a private message with the phone number and account PIN, and the IMEI (Plus SIM Card #)  on the back of the new phone you want to swap to.

Highlighted
Enthusiast

Yes. I read that in the thread. I’m pretty sure of my error. I was just wondering if there was a possibility of sound the swap with an agent or do I wait the 24 hrs. Thx
Highlighted
Agent

Hey there, @lisycas1! Sorry to hear about that. Please be advised that  if you made many failed attempts to access the account, the system won’t allow us to unlock the account for security reasons. The time frame to wait is:
•    3 failed attempts = Lockout for 1 hour
•    5 failed attempts = Lockout for 1 hour from the last failed attempt
•    7 failed attempts = 24 hour lockout (also known as IP lock)

Highlighted
Enthusiast

I’m trying to swap phones but my account got locked for wrong ping. I retrieved my ping but still got locked out for 24 hrs. Can someone help me do the phone swap?