What to do when I don't get activation?

Go to solution
Highlighted
Not applicable

What to do when I don't get activation?

I need someone who can actually help me get my phone activated, it's a port from MetroPCS that was done though activate.virginmobileusa.com. I already talked to one agent who could not make any meaningful action.

I've already given the website everything it required to get a activation request number, and support is hung up over a security question that I can't remember the answer to - that the MetroPCS guy likely just filled in all 0's or 1's and never asked me.

What a misleading process.

I have gotten no confirmation email. It has been about 4 - 5 hours, and I'm reading messages about people waiting over 20, so I'm starting to worry that I will not get service at all. The website says 10 - 15 minutes, but could my case end up being measured in 'business days'? How long can this actually take?

What do I need to do to get definitive action?

If that doesn't happen, what do I need to do to return my phone and cancel my service? Will I be able to get a full refund (and shipping included) for my phone, protection, plan, and service - or is there something in the terms of service that I missed that will prevent me from getting this?

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Agent

Understood. Please click on my username, you will see the option to send us a private message. We'd really like to look into all that. 

Highlighted
Accomplice

Phone has no service ~ SIM does not seem to be working

It looks like I’ll need to put the Verizon SIM back in as I am unable to connect Virgin
Highlighted
Agent

Since you stated that there should be a record of voluminous communication from yesterday, I wanted to take a look at them to better understand your issues. Please send us a private message for further help.

Highlighted
Accomplice

What are you looking for Jeff?

Highlighted
Agent

Oh, I will look for the previous conversations. Can you please send me a private message with the account info for further help?

Highlighted
Accomplice

Thanks Jeff ~ there should be a record of voluminous communication from yesterday:

I put the SIM card in ~ it does not work

Highlighted
Agent

Hi, @Roberta. We will defninitely assist you with that. Can you please provide us a detailed description of the issue you are experiencing? Is it about a new phone activation or a swap? Please provide us as much info as possible. Thank you.

Highlighted
Accomplice

20 hours in and my phone is still not activated

Highlighted
Not applicable

I feel like an idiot, I found my PIN and security question answer.

The activation status page says that port-ins can take about two days or more if it's a 'Wireline' service. I don't know if it's a general term for multiple carriers, or a specific company.

Anyway, I'm just waiting now and I'm hoping for something to happen soon. I apologize so much to everyone I was talking to.

Highlighted
Fanatic

Hi Kyuuen. I'm sorry that you're having such a bad experience getting your number ported over. I'd be happy to help you. As the website states, it normally takes 10- 15 minutes, unless the information entered is wrong or the number is no longer active with the other carrier. Have you confirmed with Metro PCS if your account number and PIN/Password are correct? If yes, please send me a Private Message with the phone number you're trying to port.

View solution in original post