Welcome to Verizon Wireless message is RUINING MY LIFE!

8 REPLIES 8
Enthusiast

Re: Welcome to Verizon Wireless message is RUINING MY LIFE!

Oh okay, that makes sense. I think we have tried everything, My husband bought me a new iPhone. (from the Apple Store not Boost) We did the ## trick. The rep at the local store said I might I have to change my number, the didn't help. And just recently I hard reset my phone. It worked for a few calls but it stopped. So this could be the reason why I'm having a hard time with my phone. I only been dealing with issue for a couple months now but I can understand your annoyance. Thank you!!

Groupie

The coverage map shows you in a giant dead spot. That would explain the lovely message. Because there is no roaming. It won't go away unless you shut the roaming off, but then you will have ZERO service... I deal with this daily. And they wont allow me to unlock my phone even though I paid cash for it out of pocket because I have not suffered a year with it yet... How fun....... I hope you don't have to deal with this issue as long as I have and will..... 

Screen Shot 2018-07-16 at 2.49.37 PM.png

Groupie

TamWhi0202

After many hours spent on this issue. I finally got ahold of SPRINT, who owns BOOST mobile. 

And it was because my Iphone was set to allow roaming. And you cant roam on Boost Mobile. 

As soon as I shut off the roaming. It stopped. Now my phone just does not work. Hardly EVER..... 

Hope this helps.... 

It at least got rid of the annoying message... 

Agent

Thank you for the information @TamWhi0202. Can you please send us a private message with your phone number and pin? We have verified the area and there are no reported outages.

Enthusiast

Hi!!

I changed my number about 11:00 am this morning. Irving Wick and Nadine Dr 43056. I recently move to this area, if that helps. 

Agent

Sorry to hear that you're having issues @TamWhi0202. Let's take a closer look at this. Did you change your number? Can you please provide us with a cross street and the zip code to verify the service in your area?

Enthusiast

Hi,

I'm having the same issue with my service. I have an unlocked iPhone 7. I have tried changing my number and using the ## trick thing. Could you please help with me?

Thanks!

Agent

Hi there, @Mkovia02! So sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. Definitely want to look into this for you. Can you please send us a Private Message with your phone number, PIN and address?

To send a Private Message you can go to your profile and click on the icon with an envelope. Then you enter the username of the person you want to send a message to and the subject. Or you can go to the user profile by clicking on the username and click on "Send this user a Private Message".

Groupie

Welcome to Verizon Wireless message is RUINING MY LIFE!

I have been a boost mobile customer for 12 years. 

In the past 3 years my phone has done this thing where it gets stuck and every-time you go to make a call it will say "welcome to verizon wireless, your phone number is not active or invalid". I will then put the phone in airplane mode and take it out repeatedly and eventually be able to resume using the phone for MINUTES before I have to do it again. Now for the longest time I did not care, I did not use it much. BUT NOW, I have to use it daily for business and I have a disease in which I need to be in contact of my doctors frequently and I can not get but two minutes into a phone call before it states "call failed' then I go to call back and again the DREADED "WELCOME TO VERIZON WIRESS, IM HERE TO RUIN YOUR LIFE, YOUR SANITY AND MAKE YOU CRY" Friggen unbearable message plays through the phone. And again the insanity continues with the airplane mode! I have also tried ##873283# and ##25327# neither of them worked. Two minutes later, back to Verizon wireless message. Im losing my mind, I have called customer service, I have called the boost mobile store. I have called apple. I have spent more hours on this problem then I ever cared too. And quite frankly would love to change providers but BOOST won't unlock the phone. Anyone have ANY idea on how I could possibly make this phone work any better? Before I just put it under my car tire and back over it? 

It is a IPHONE 8.