Virgin Moble Customer, charged activation fee!

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Agent

Re: Virgin Moble Customer, charged activation fee!

@TerryL: We apologize for this experience. If you have any other question or request, feel free to let us know.

Highlighted

Thanks for your follow-up, but customer service would not waive the activation fee and wanted a month's payment to even get my account number, clearly didn't care if I stayed as a customer - since I didn't want to lose my number I paid the ransom and last night signed up with Tello - number was ported and phone worked by 7am this morning.   

I wish I would have known about this forum before I talked with customer service.

Highlighted
Agent

So sorry about the trouble! Can you please send us a private message with the details, so we can work through this?

Highlighted

Virgin Moble Customer, charged activation fee!

Virgin Mobile was apparently bought by Boost, and the big surprise is the $10 activation fee to keep your service!    The emails from Virgin Mobile never mentioned the fee, and when I called Boost support and was transferred to several different people, each with a new story (you are not migrated yet, you ARE migrated, you must pay a extra fee to enroll, etc).

In the end, I was told they would give me a free month of service.   Then, at 7pm short time later my phone is de-activated and when I called back, not only no free month, but I need to pay $40 to get my phone activated.   

Boost is awful.