Virgin Mobile Phone boost Mobile will not unlock

Highlighted
Groupie

Boost Mobile will not unlock my fully paid off Galaxy s8 unless I have an account active with them.

I called multiple times and they always tell me the same, they can not unlock my phone unless I have an account active with them. I have owned this Galaxy s8 outright for over 3 years! I originally used this Galaxy s8 for virgin mobile usa. I then upgraded to an iPhone X and new service (hello mobile).

iPhone X broke (water damage) so I tried to go back to my Galaxy s8. The only issue is that Boost Mobile refuses to unlock my Galaxy S8 unless I have a phone plan with them! How unethical! I never had an account with boost Mobile and I bought my Galaxy s8 (fully paid) years ago with Virgin Mobile.

How can a company I never did business with before completely brick my fully paid off phone? Is this legal?

They promised me twice that their supervisor will contact me. They never did. They refuse to transfer me to management. They constantly try to get me off the phone by saying "call virgin mobile" or "call Samsung".

**Just some info, boost Mobile bought out virgin mobile usa.

VIRGIN MOBILE USA does not exist anymore nor do their support lines. Also Samsung told me they only manufacture the phones (duh) and can not unlock them. Samsung rep even told me it's not right what boost Mobile is doing.

Boost Mobile is holding my phone ransom in exchange for their service and I will post this everywhere on the internet to warn customers everywhere.
See more topics labeled with:
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Agent

Hi there, Rafnco. Thanks for contacting us.

Cell phones from Virgin Mobile (and Boost) come locked and have to be activated for 12 months at least before they qualify for unlocking.  All accounts from Virgin were migrated to Boost Mobile and the cell phones are not exempt from the unlock policy. 

You can find the details of the unlock policy here: https://boostverify.page.link/wWB31Tx8VXiQ8GAW7

Highlighted

But if Virgin Mobile is not around and the phone wasn’t migrated to Boost? How can they turn it on? Even then I think you’d have to have service with them for a year before it can be unlocked.

Highlighted
Groupie

Boost Mobile will not unlock my fully paid off Galaxy s8 unless I have an account active with them.

I called multiple times and they always tell me the same, they can not unlock my phone unless I have an account active with them. I have owned this Galaxy s8 outright for over 3 years! I originally used this Galaxy s8 for virgin mobile usa. I then upgraded to an iPhone X and new service (hello mobile).

iPhone X broke (water damage) so I tried to go back to my Galaxy s8. The only issue is that Boost Mobile refuses to unlock my Galaxy S8 unless I have a phone plan with them! How unethical! I never had an account with boost Mobile and I bought my Galaxy s8 (fully paid) years ago with Virgin Mobile.

How can a company I never did business with before completely brick my fully paid off phone? Is this legal?

They promised me twice that their supervisor will contact me. They never did. They refuse to transfer me to management. They constantly try to get me off the phone by saying "call virgin mobile" or "call Samsung".

**Just some info, boost Mobile bought out virgin mobile usa.

VIRGIN MOBILE USA does not exist anymore nor do their support lines. Also Samsung told me they only manufacture the phones (duh) and can not unlock them. Samsung rep even told me it's not right what boost Mobile is doing.

Boost Mobile is holding my phone ransom in exchange for their service and I will post this everywhere on the internet to warn customers everywhere.
See more topics labeled with: