VMU customer switching and I need international phone plan

Go to solution
Highlighted

I am a long-time virgin mobile customer. I am hoping that I will have better luck with boost. Virgin mobile support has been very unhelpful. I recently moved to Australia and will be living here for a while. I bought a boost mobile au sim card to use in my phone, but virgin refuses to unlock my phone to use it. In addition, I cannot use my current virgin service in Australia, but I still have to pay for the service or I was told I will lose my phone number. When the transfer to boost occurs, is it possible to get my phone unlocked so I can have service in Australia? If not, does boost have a plan that would allow me to use my phone in Australia to make local calls and calls back to the USA?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Agent

Hello, wilkinkw. Thanks for contacting us. To unlock a cellphone, it must be activated for at least 12 months. Unfortunately, if the handset does not comply with this policy, it can't be unlocked.

Regarding the service in Australia, unfortunately, Boost Mobile does not offer international roaming services available there. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

I am a long-time virgin mobile customer. I am hoping that I will have better luck with boost. Virgin mobile support has been very unhelpful. I recently moved to Australia and will be living here for a while. I bought a boost mobile au sim card to use in my phone, but virgin refuses to unlock my phone to use it. In addition, I cannot use my current virgin service in Australia, but I still have to pay for the service or I was told I will lose my phone number. When the transfer to boost occurs, is it possible to get my phone unlocked so I can have service in Australia? If not, does boost have a plan that would allow me to use my phone in Australia to make local calls and calls back to the USA?