Unlocking question

Go to solution
Highlighted
Accomplice

Unlocking question

Hi. So I know that I have to wait 12 months before Boost will unlock my device. Just checking to see if there are any other options to have it unlocked before the 12 months. Been with Boost for a very long time.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Agent

Unfortunately, if the phone does not meet these requirements, it won't be eligible for unlocking. Click here for more details regarding our unlocking policy. 

Highlighted

So this one phone didn't work right. It was cheap so i just got a new boost phone. I bought a really good one that i still pay for every month. So this one phone was too sensitive. From day one i planned on replacing it ...i went to best buy and they put me on a payment arrangement., even better. I didnt forsee any way for things to go wrong for upgrading .There isn't an option for u to buy them back right? Then the situation has zero benefits to either of us. . I have a useless phone and ur retaining control of my property. The worst business etiquette ever. That makes no sense. Unless in a contract that i would have been signed when unlocking phones us illegal. Since law was revised that contract would be out of date anyway..
No contract company
Highlighted
Agent

Hello Gwyatt5900. In order to be eligible to be unlocked, a phone must have been active on a Boost Mobile account for at least 12 months. If you meet this requirement, send us a private message so we may unlock the phone for you. 

You can send a private message by clicking on an agent's name, then selecting the message option from the profile page.

Highlighted

This unlocking thing after 15 years, while in good standing and currently still with the company...
It makes no sense ... I own the phone but i didnt like it (it was cheap 80$..
I got some money and so
Splurged) so bought one that im still paying off .... but now im told my old one cant be unlocked? Whats the reason? To protect what? I signed a contract when unlocking was illegal! Now it is legal if you own the phone and it wasnt lost or stolen..
This is owned, never reported lost or stolen...so You keeping my phone chained for nothing. The Company wont gain or benifit by this rule.. instead, it just makes me lose because I own a useless phone paperweight. And i once very happy, loyal customer is pissed. thats just bad business.
Highlighted
Agent

Hey there @jpmd70 We apologize for the inconvenience. Unfortunately, we do not have another option for the device to be unlocked. You need to wait for the device to be active during 12 months. 

~ Joy P.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Accomplice

Unlocking question

Hi. So I know that I have to wait 12 months before Boost will unlock my device. Just checking to see if there are any other options to have it unlocked before the 12 months. Been with Boost for a very long time.