Boost Mobile Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Boost app or BoostMobile.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit https://www.boostmobile.com/support/contact-us.html
Boost Mobile Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Boost app or BoostMobile.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit https://www.boostmobile.com/support/contact-us.html

Unlocking phone

Go to solution
18 REPLIES 18
Highlighted
Groupie

Re: Unlocking phone

So if I only had my account for a month I cannot unlock my phones? I paid over $300 to start an inferior service with Boost Mobile and it's just gone? No solution at all?
Highlighted

Hi there! Please send us a private message to assist you. To send a Private Message, click my username or picture, then click "send this user a private message".

Highlighted
Groupie

@Boost_MasieIQ I need my phone unlocked and can’t get through to customer service. Can you help?
Highlighted

Hey there, chito! Boost Mobile will assist with unlocking a device under the following circumstances:

• The device is SIM unlock capable
  • The device has not been reported as lost or stolen or otherwise flagged as ineligible to be unlocked
  • The device has been active on the associated account for at least 12 months
  • The associated account is active and in good standing

If you believe you meet the above requirements and would like to request that your DSU-capable device be unlocked, contact Boost Mobile Customer Care by dialing 1-888-BOOST-4U.

Highlighted

Please help! I am traveling over seas and I need to unlock my phone , I can’t call the toll free numbers provided by Boost to contact customer service
Highlighted
Not applicable

If anyone's reading this thread looking for a quick answer that isn't just "PM an agent for assistance", just so you know, your new phone service might be able to take your current phone if you trade it in and you'll get a discount off of a brand new one. I just got $500 off an iPhone XR by trading in my iPhone 7 which I bought used from Virgin Mobile for much less than that with my new service.

If you do still want to unlock your phone, the agents may still be able to assist you with that (but don't try to access this website on mobile because you literally can't see anything on the page with the unnecessary sidebar with fake links in the way), it'll just take a lot of waiting for them to respond -- so don't wait until the day your service expires and you need your phone for GPS immediately like I did.

Highlighted
Agent

@mugglehuggles: Please try sending the PM one more time, we don't see your message in the records.

Highlighted
Not applicable

@Annie1424 - as mentioned in my post, I did send in a private message.

My service just expired today, so while the phone is still linked to the service, it’s not currently active.
Highlighted
Agent

Hi there, @mugglehuggles. Please send us a private message so we can take a closer look at this. Are you currently using the phone on your account?

Highlighted
Not applicable

Oh, wow, I sent an email (Case #86315099) before I saw this thread.

It does seem extremely irresponsible on Virgin Mobile's part to have sold new phones to customers within the past year and allowed them to be activated, not mentioning the sketchy service switcharoonie that was coming up before this nefarious 12 month rule time would be up. As a customer for many years (and a kind of peeved one, at that), there are three very simple solutions I see here:

• Virgin Mobile changes the 12 months with the phone on the plan rule to 12 months with loyal, unfaltering service.
  • Virgin Mobile gives us all full refunds for the new phones we purchased so we can buy new ones with our new services.
  • Virgin Mobile stops giving us the runaround for purchasing a new phone from them recently and just unlocks our phones.

If one of these solutions doesn't work, could someone please explain to me why it would be a problem, considering Virgin Mobile service will be discontinued, and it's literally the company's fault that we're trying to switch to a different service (to avoid being automatically switched to sketchy Boost with not nearly enough notice).