Return phone purchased in store

Highlighted
Enthusiast

Return phone purchased in store

I went into the store on Friday to inquiry about adding another line to my account. I informed the sales associate that I was going to purchase the phone online. I showed him three different phones - 2 pre-owned and 1 new on Boostmobile.com that I was considering and asked which one would be better for my son. He stated I couldn't get the new iphone 6 with 32gb for $249 because that was just for new customers. He told me they had the same NEW phone in the store with 16gb for the same price. He said I wouldn't have to wait for it to arrive and he would throw in a free case if I purchased it that day. I agreed and he added it to my account. After he activated it and gave me the receipt, I 1) realized he overcharged me by $50 and 2) the phone was listed as pre-owned. He spoke with customer service and they issued me a $50 credit towards next month's bill. When asked about it being listed as pre-owned, he explained that the price list for all stores comes from Boostmobile and for the price to be the same as listed online it he had to list as pre-owned. It did NOT make sense to me and I stated if it's not new just be honest, he again stated it was a brand new phone. I charged the phone on Saturday and used it for the first time on Sunday. It would not hold a charge and kept dying. I returned the phone on Monday and was told again (this time I recorded it) that the phone was new and probably just had a deflected battery. He called someone on the phone and then sent me to a store across the street that repair phones and had them replace the battery. It worked about 2hrs now it just keeps restarting abd shutting off. I want a NEW phone! This is very frustrating and I feel like I've been misled! Not only was I overcharged in the store, when I checked my bank account on Sunday, I had an additional $23 charge. When I called customer service, they said I activated the phone twice...what???? So now I had an additional credit ...UNACCEPTABLE!
11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Groupie

ive never had a problem with Boost Online since i signed up years ago. i even convinced someone else in my family to sign up.

on the 25th of October we (my sister and i ) took a chance on getting a new phome after my LG Stylo 3 lost space. So she got an Iphone 6 for me. but it was too small, so we returned it, She bought an Iphone 6 plus online.

the Clerk and the young lady who sold us the phone were fantastic, very polite, but her manager was a piece of work. directing her through the phone.  again its a lesson learned. always read the fine print. 

so now we are stuck with this Iphone 6 with another on the way.

after dealing with the rudeness of other some stores, to not finding store numbers that worked. and shady independent practices?

i'll stick to dealing with the actual online company and services of Boost. no more franchised stores for me.

Highlighted
Accomplice

Boost Mobile stores are privately owned. Some stores aren't run well. It is that specific store's issue, not Boost. All you can really do is report them and dispute the charges. Pre-owned phones come with a limited warranty as well, so you may be able to get a replacement through that. 

Highlighted
Agent

Thank you for being a customer. Your account will cancel automatically in 120 days when you do not use the phone or add funds. When your account is canceled, you will lose your phone number and will be unable to port your number to another carrier.

Highlighted
Groupie

So like I said, return to the same people who lied to me about your return policies as if they would suddenly grow a conscience? How do I terminate service with Boost? Done with lies and liars.
Highlighted
Agent

Hi, Erbeamon. We understand your frustration & are truly sorry for the inconvenience, unfortunately and since the device was bought at the store, we're unable to help you from our end. We recommend you to return to the store and speak with the manager in charge, so you can work together towards resolving this matter.

We sincerely hope you can get the help you need after speaking to the store's manager.

Highlighted
Groupie

A similar event has just happened to me. Is boost saying there is literally nothing you can do about it but go back to the store that lied to you in the first place?
Highlighted
Agent

That’s definitely not okay. So sorry to hear that you’ve been experiencing this, LilL. Please send us a private message with your phone number and pin so we can review this further.

Highlighted
Enthusiast

So in essence, what you're telling me is the store can act in reckless and deceitful behavior and get away with it because the corporate office does not hold them responsible? I'm Very disappointed but this is a lesson learned- you truly get what you pay for! I should have paid attention to all the bad reviews about Boost! Can you please give me the number to reach a LIVE person to cancel my services. WeI were with Sprint for 11 years before we switched to Boost in July. I will gladly go back to Sprint and pay more for honesty and better service. Thank you
Highlighted

We're truly sorry, but we don't have that information. We truly apologize for the inconvenience.

- Hozuki_Robert

Highlighted
Enthusiast

The sales associate said the manager was not in and would not give me their information. Can you please provide me with the manager's information.