Really this is very aggravating!!!

Highlighted
Accomplice

Really this is very aggravating!!!

I really am only asking for my credits back on my account that was taken from me last month!!! Is this too much to ask??? I finally got one problem solved yesterday and figured breaking down one by one would help me get my situation solved... last month I had credits on my account from over payment and it was automatically taken off by one of your customer service reps like I had paid my bill 2 times in one month for upgrading my data from the $50 plan to the $60 plan... they took off all my credits and left me with 80 cents... all I want is what i had on my account back! No more or no less! I already have a iphone 7 that wouldn't work without using my hotspot for my husband I purchased that phone when he got added to my account... and couldnt even use his phone for a month and a half so instead of giving him another Iphone 7 they gave him a K20 that was free when u sign up with boost! They wont take it bck and no refund for a non service working iphone 7... how is this right? I've really put up with this service and I really don't understand why.... my husband left this service he said f boost! I just want my account credited back the money that I'm owed from what the customer service rep took off last month that's it
0 REPLIES 0