Port a Verizon number owned by business to a personally owned Boost account

3 REPLIES 3
Agent

Re: Port a Verizon number owned by business to a personally owned Boost account

Please send us a private message with the information required.

Enthusiast

Thank you for the response and details. Following the link and trying each option resulted in the below errors while being logged into boostmobile.com as verified by the top right corner displaying my first name:

A) New Customer - The option of "port existing number" and entering the IMEI results in the web error of "Device does not appear to be eligible for activation"

B) Existing Customer - The option of "swap your device" is the only option. Regardless following the link and entering the IMEI results in the web error of "this device is not eligible to swap"

C) Check Activation - Takes me to a "Make a payment" screen that shows $0 balance due as I paid the account activation and monthly charge fees yesterday.

I have not yet been able to find a form to use the Verizon account and Tax ID.

Additional support is appreciated. Thank you.
Agent

Hi, Juddidiah. This is the Verizon Postpaid information required:

•Account ID is 10 digits long.
◦If there is a dash in the Account ID, you do not need to type the dash.
•Last 4 digits of Tax ID for Business/Corporate
•Last 4 digits of SSN for Individual
•PIN/Password/Passcode:
You should be able to start the port in process here https://activate.boostmobile.com/primary/activations-home?intnav=UtilNav:Activate.

Highlighted
Enthusiast

Port a Verizon number owned by business to a personally owned Boost account

I have been searching through all of boostmobile.com including the forums for more than two hours on how to port a number from a Verizon account owned by a business (that is not within my control) to a personally owned Boost account. I have only found "how to get a new [random] number" and "$15 to talk to a customer service rep about a number change".

I have previously used a company-owned cellphone for business and personal use. I no longer work for the company but I am on good terms with the company and they are willing to allow me to take my number from their account. I activated a dormant previous family-owned Boost device yesterday to confirm that it generally still worked. Now that I have a phone and service I need to port the number to Boost.

I have previously used port authorization forms and understand that we'll likely we'll need to have a three/four-way conversation with the current number-owner, Verizon and Boost. Boost will need Verizon account numbers and probably some other information. Who/How/Where does this process begin? What information/forms do I need from the business? What URL/site/number/place should I take this information to begin the port?

Although I appreciate that this will likely need to transition to private conversation this is a great opportunity to give some searchable information for others on how to initiate this process.

See more topics labeled with: