Port Status - We’re still working on your phone number - Request For Assistance

Go to solution
Highlighted
Accomplice

Port Status - We’re still working on your phone number - Request For Assistance

I recently decided to transfer my FreedomPop GSM number to Virgin Mobile and brough my iPhone over. The status (We’re still working on your phone number) has been like that for several days now (09/14 the port process was started). I am trying to see if the hold up is on FreedomPop's side or if this is a Virgin Mobile issue. The acccount has already been created and my card was charged for the initial sign up. The email for the account creation took place on 09/15.  I appreciate any help you can provide. Thanks!

Update:
Not sure how the tittle changed to "What is a Data Pack add-on and how does it work?" but I am updating (trying) the tittle again.

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Guru

Glad you got it worked out!

It can be a bit of a challenge getting set up on the Inner Circle but, for me at least, it has been well worth the effort.Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Accomplice

@madra31- Thanks again for your help while I got this resolved. I am happy to report that the phone is now activated and the number was ported over to Virgin. I guess the email that the supervisor sent to that company must have worked and somehow FreedomPop got the port. Interestingly enough, the FreedomPop acccount still shows the number, so I have to deal with that. Still, I wanted to report the success for other users in the same boat.

Highlighted
Accomplice

Thanks again! Mine is also the Global SIM Kit, so we are good there. The carrier lookup shows up as:
Carrier:     Onvoy (Sybase)
Is Wireless:     n

Interestingly enough, my LTE sim shows as:
Carrier:     Bandwidth CLEC (Sybase)
Is Wireless:     n

I guess I will have to wait it out, as it seems FreedomPop has done something behind the scenes. Thanks again!

Highlighted
Guru

Mine was the Global SIM Kit.

My understanding is the the FreedomPop CDMA numbers do not qualify for porting for the Inner Circle promotion but it is possible I could be wrong on that.

There was absolutely no difficulty with porting my number and it completed really quickly during a normal business weekday.  

As to what is happening in your case, I can only speculate that an error has been made somewhere in the process, perhaps by transposing a number or keying in a wrong digit if someone had to make a manual entry.

I have no idea why the number would be shown as a landline.

You can check below which carrier is currently holding your number.

http://freecarrierlookup.com/

Unfortunately, it sounds as if there is no practical choice other than to wait until you hear back.

Highlighted
Accomplice

@madra31Hi again, I figured I would follow up. After talking to the port department yesterday and today again, I am being told that my FreedomPop number is comming up as a landline and through some company that I have not heard of. Apparetnly a supervisor got involved based on the information received from the consultant. Unfortunately, it looks like they are outsourced, as I was having a hard time understanding the individual. In fact, most of them have the same accent.

Anyway, did you have a number assigned with FreedomPOP using a "Sprint" device (CDMA) or was your number using a SIM such as the Global or LTE one? The individual told me that they have emailed the provider that supodesly has my number (not FreedomPop) and I have to wait at least 24 hours for a response. If you or anyone has anythoughts regarding this, I would greately appreciate it! Note, I did not start a new thread, but if that is necessary, I will do so since this was marked as "answered" in the past.

Highlighted
Accomplice

Thanks again! I contacted Virgin and they advised me that the port details are accurate / have been verified. Since FP does not work weekends (they said they show as a land line carrier), I will need to follow up with them tomorow. With that said, it looks like there is progress going on. I did confirm they had the correct PIN and all that. I thank you for your assistance. I will mark this up as answered and completed!

Highlighted
Guru

It was the FP PIN.

It can be found on the FP website under MY ACCCOUNT-ACCOUNT SETTINGS.

It is in the third tab from the top under Phone Number Port Out Info and is 4 digits. PIN is set by FP.

The Virgin Mobile password is completely differnent and is user selected

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Accomplice

Oh, one thing I am curious about the process you followed. What password did you provide Virgin? The PIN to port out or the actual FreedomPOP password? Also, did you set it up on the website (FP) or did you reach out to an agent to have them set it up? Thanks again!

Highlighted
Accomplice

Thanks madra31 for your response. I am not sure how the tittle of the message changed to that, as I had no questions nor entered anything about the data pack. I have attempted to update the post to avoid confusion. The number is still active on the FP website. I will contact that number to see if they can push it through. Maybe something went wrong online when completing the activation there. Thanks again for your help!

Highlighted
Guru

As to your first question a data pack is a $10/month add on that allows the hotspot function and an allowance of 10 GB.

Regarding your port from FP GSM sim, my experience was very different doing the same thing. The port completed in 15 minutes.  You can check on the FP site and see if the number is still active.

What I did was activate using the (844) 604-3420 number.

However, you can also PM an agent here send messages to agents on Facebook or Twitter.

Sometimes ports can be slow on weekends but you could keep trying a carrier reset (##CLEAR#) and service update (##UPDATE#) as there might be a lag between backend updates and user interface updates.

Hope it gets resolved for you quickly.