Plan re-start to get more data failed

Highlighted
Groupie

Last month I moved and did not have access to wi-fi for a few days which casued me to burn through data. Since Boost no longer offers repeated data pack additions whenever (which I find insane, they had to have lost money on that decision) I was forced to restart my plan. I did so and yet the data speeds were still throttled making every application (except Pandora of course) unusable. I called customer support 2 days in a row and had 2 separate conversations with nice enough employees that insisted on helping me troubleshoot my phone when very clearly it was an issue on their end. I received no help or any offer to speak with someone who understood what was going on but decided to let it go and see what happened on March 5 when my plan would have originally restarted. Sure enough, without me doing anything I once again had 4G LTE data speeds.

I've been a loyal customer for many years, have never complained (not once, I've had no issues until I actually needed help from someone) and as far as I see it the only solution here is to credit my account the $45 that I paid since the service that I paid for was not given. I attempted to put in a ticket about this since a phone call will not be helpful but received repeated website errors after typing all of this and submitting. It looks like people are actually being helped here so I appreciate the time from anyone taking a look who is able to help.

As a side note also for my own sanity, why is their webiste now offering 6 gigs of 4G LTE for the same price that I pay for 3 gigs yet, as a long-time loyal customer my plan wasn't updated nor was I even made aware of the option to double the amount of data I get for free, yet new customers will easily see this?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Agent

Hey there, sgirvan! Let’s do some investigating. Can you please private message us with your phone number and pin code to verify your account? Thanks!

Highlighted
Groupie

Last month I moved and did not have access to wi-fi for a few days which casued me to burn through data. Since Boost no longer offers repeated data pack additions whenever (which I find insane, they had to have lost money on that decision) I was forced to restart my plan. I did so and yet the data speeds were still throttled making every application (except Pandora of course) unusable. I called customer support 2 days in a row and had 2 separate conversations with nice enough employees that insisted on helping me troubleshoot my phone when very clearly it was an issue on their end. I received no help or any offer to speak with someone who understood what was going on but decided to let it go and see what happened on March 5 when my plan would have originally restarted. Sure enough, without me doing anything I once again had 4G LTE data speeds.

I've been a loyal customer for many years, have never complained (not once, I've had no issues until I actually needed help from someone) and as far as I see it the only solution here is to credit my account the $45 that I paid since the service that I paid for was not given. I attempted to put in a ticket about this since a phone call will not be helpful but received repeated website errors after typing all of this and submitting. It looks like people are actually being helped here so I appreciate the time from anyone taking a look who is able to help.

As a side note also for my own sanity, why is their webiste now offering 6 gigs of 4G LTE for the same price that I pay for 3 gigs yet, as a long-time loyal customer my plan wasn't updated nor was I even made aware of the option to double the amount of data I get for free, yet new customers will easily see this?