Phone orders keep getting cancelled

1 REPLY 1
Agent

Re: Phone orders keep getting cancelled

Hey there, @Freakotec1986! Thanks for contacting us. We would like to take a closer look at this situation. Please send us a private message by clicking on my name, then selecting the option that says "send this user a private message". We'll be waiting for you! 

Highlighted

Phone orders keep getting cancelled

This happened to me in the past as well, but lately I have been trying to order the LG G6, over the course of 3 days I tried to order this phone using the boost up program. I have attempted to order this phone five times in that three day. And within a matter of a few hours every order has been cancelled by the website with no email or text message sent to me explaining why. I have spent the last two days talking to customer service via text message with absolutely zero help from them in any way. Their solution is for me to wait for the phone to become available in the retail stores on October 15th. I do not think it's fair that I am being told to wait and shop in the store when online ordering it should be available to all customers.if they cannot figure this out then they are losing another customer because I'm tired of getting the runaround
See more topics labeled with: