Phone number is not eligible for porting

Go to solution
75 REPLIES 75
Agent

Re: Phone number is not eligible for porting

Hi, Teutonaddict. You can contact customer care at 1-866-402-7366. You can find a chat here https://www.boostmobile.com/, bottom right corner. 

Groupie

This is a very helpful solution, AI3x.  I tried following your advice and attempted to send you a PM with the specified information, but I received the following error: "You have reached the limit for the number of Private Messages that you can send now.  Please try again later."  I am assuming that is because I just set up my forum account today.

Do you have another means for me to contact Care, so I can migrate a number over to a new Boost line on my family account?  Thanks very much for your assistance!

Agent

Hi there v_voth. the reason you are having difficulties is because is not a port but rather a migration and the option is not available for this task through the web. As such only Care can do this for you. Please send us a Private Message by clicking on my user name and at the right side of the pane you will see the option to send a private message. Include your phone and pin numbers to both account on Sprint. Also provide me with the IMEI/DEC of your new Boost phones. 

Groupie

I am also having problems of a similar nature. I am trying to 2 numbers to Boost from Sprint. If I try to activate the new phones that I spent $400 on already on the website it says port invalid and if I try to call the support phone number it's just forwarding me to Sprint support, I don't want to work with them anymore that's why I'm trying to port over to Boost! How do I activate my new phones????
Agent

Yes, on our website you will see the link at the the top "Activate a Device". If you have difficulties completing the port-in request, please let us know.

Accomplice

Through boostmobile website "activate"

Hi there! Sorry for the delayed response. Support is available from 6:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. CST on weekends. Just to confirm: Did you try to port in your MetroPCS number over the phone? Or through the website https://activate.boostmobile.com/primary/activations-home?

Accomplice

I bought a new boost Mobile phone online and when I tried to activate it, they said my MetroPCS is ineligible to Port

Agent

@irmom2magic: Understood. We have activated your phone, please check your inbox. 

Accomplice

Hiya Annie1424,
Unfortunately, when you migrate your number from Sprint, it doesn't qualify as a Bring Your Own Phone. We can activate the phone on the $50 plan for you.

I am bring my own previously owned boost phone back to boost service, and was hoping to take advantage of the $25.00 well advertised Promo.

But I guess if I only qualify for the full $50.00 plan I guess I want to pursue that then.

Cheers, Roberta.