Inner Circle - Using an Android Phone

Go to solution
Highlighted
Accomplice

Hi, 

I just signed up for the inner circle $1 offer and purchased an iphone. Is it ok to purchase an additional Android device to use instead, and keep the promotion in place? It looks like I must activate the iphone as part of the agreement. I just hope after a month or so I could use the iphone to replace my wife's current phone instead, while I apply an Android device to my account. 

Thanks, 

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted

@polkadot_kim Hi. Once the year is up, you can switch to an android and will be placed in the $50.00 a month unlimited plan.

Highlighted
Not applicable

I pay 40 dollars a mnth now unlimited everything on android. my phone just broke and  I'm tempted to buy an iphone to get this offer, hoping to switch to an android after the year is up. Are you saying  it will go up to 60 a month then if i switch back to android ? 

Highlighted
Not applicable

I pay 40 dollars a mnth now unlimited everything on android. my phone just broke and  I'm tempted to buy an iphone to get this offer, hoping to switch to an android after the year is up. Are you saying  it will go up to 60 a month then if i switch back to android ? 

Highlighted
Not applicable

Highlighted
Accomplice

They do not have a Bring Your Own phone option, so my guess is that it won't work.  The Network can still detect your IMEI number, so it will probably come up as unrecognized or something.  

Highlighted
Accomplice

Thanks,

I still wonder what would happen if you just swap SIM cards, but appreciate your response. Being that there are distinct plans it's probably frowned upon.
Highlighted
Groupie

Android has an "unlimited" plan but it costs $60.  That's the difference.  Also Virgin is trying to sell iPhones, which is why they are getting $1/month plans.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Accomplice

I appreciate the reply, but frankly what's the difference? If I hold up my side of the agreement which is buying a new iphone and porting my number does it affect the bill? V.M. still supports Android customers, but I'm just not familiar with the setup. If my iphone has a sim card and I just move it to an Android device, what happens, does anyone realize, and does it breach any terms?

I just want to make sure I don't ruin the offer, and I didn't see any place that explicitely said I couldn't use an Android deveice after I at least activated the iPhone I had to purchase.

Any ideas? ...

Highlighted
Not applicable

I mean, you can purchase an Android device, but it looks like the Inner Circle promo is for iPhones only so you won't be able to use that promo while using the Android device. Sorry bud.

Highlighted
Accomplice

Hi, 

I just signed up for the inner circle $1 offer and purchased an iphone. Is it ok to purchase an additional Android device to use instead, and keep the promotion in place? It looks like I must activate the iphone as part of the agreement. I just hope after a month or so I could use the iphone to replace my wife's current phone instead, while I apply an Android device to my account. 

Thanks,