I changed my phone number online for free, got a new number, , but now I cant make any calls or text

Agent

Re: I changed my phone number online for free, got a new number, , but now I cant make any calls or

Thanks. Please, follow the next steps:

1. Tap Phone icon.
2. Tap Key Pad if necessary.
3. Enter ##873283# then tap Call icon.
4. When Starting Service Update appears, tap OK.
5. When Service Update Complete appears, tap OK. 
6. The Radio will reset.
7. When Virgin Mobile displays in the top left corner, the iPhone update has completed.

Let us know, if this works. ~JoyP.

~ Joy P.
Groupie

Re: I changed my phone number online for free, got a new number, , but now I cant make any calls or

I have a iPhone 6s Plus and the streets are W Tarrant Rd. And hwy 161 and the zip code is75050
Agent

hello, @Keena1947. We'll be more than happy to assist you! What is the make and model of your device? To research further, can you send us the cross streets and ZIP codes where this occurs?

~JoyP.

~ Joy P.
Groupie

Enthusiast

How can I change my phone number with out paying like for free
Accomplice

You need to call Boost so they can hook up the new number and confirm it throughout the entire phone system
Agent

Re: I changed my phone number online for free, got a new number, , but now I cant make any calls ...

You're welcome. We remain at your service. If you have any question, just let us know.

Accomplice

Re: I changed my phone number online for free, got a new number, , but now I cant make any calls ...

Thank you that finally worked. Thank you! 😊
Agent

Hello, ashleystites93. When you change the phone number, you have to program the phone to catch the new number. Here are the steps:

1. Turn Wi-Fi off and Mobile Data on

- Settings > Wi-Fi > Off

- Settings > Data Usage > Mobile Data > On

2. Check signal strength (3 bars, or 60% is recommended)

3. From the dial pad enter ##72786# (press "ok" when prompted. For HTC devices, press MENU>RESET)

4. The cellphone is going to update the Profile and the PRL and reboot automatically. That should take about 3 minutes, and then calls and data services should work.

Highlighted
Accomplice

Yeah I did. I finally called on another phone and talked to someone, they tild me to dial that after i restarted my device with wufi off and mobile data on, it did not work, I did that 3 times, last time i called they haf me try a different number too. that also didnt work, and now the call center is closed and i am a very mad customer