Boost Mobile Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Boost app or BoostMobile.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit https://www.boostmobile.com/support/contact-us.html
Boost Mobile Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Boost app or BoostMobile.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit https://www.boostmobile.com/support/contact-us.html

Hurricane Florence

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Agent

Re: Hurricane Florence

I understand. The few hours would be to allow our technicians to reach your area, and if there is something going on (due to the natural disaster), they'll let us know and we'll be sure of what is exactly going on, so we'll be able to give you a definitive answer. Accept our sincere apologies for the inconveniences. ~AmyM25

~AmyM25
Highlighted
Agent

Your phone only goes on roaming when our network is not available for whatever reason. That is another signal, something might be going on in the area that we have not been informed of or has not been reported yet. ~AmyM25

~AmyM25
Highlighted
Accomplice

@AmyM25 It's been 3 days, and you are the first person to say it's anything other than my phone. I'm highly inclined to agree with you. I dont know if a few hours will make a difference.  I'm curious why boost would not be aware of any problems  until the techs fixed them, and I'm curious why the first response was to tell me it's my perfectly working 2 week old phone.  ( I also tried 2 of my old phones, no avail)     Thanks! 

Highlighted
Accomplice

So now it's saying that I have used all of my roaming data, which is why it won't let me call or text. If only that were true. I have mot used any roaming data, however I have made phone calls and texted while roaming. Can anyone on boost end lift this roaming restriction? I shouldn't be roaming. 

Highlighted
Agent

We'd recommend you to wait a couple of hours, our technicians have been busy  repairing some towers affected by the storm, and they may not have reached the towers in your area yet. That could be why there isn't a report from them yet. ~AmyM25

~AmyM25
Highlighted
Accomplice

I've tried doing everything recommended. Right now the phone is back to roaming,  with no connectivity.  It will Not text or make calls. When I try to call it asks me to buy a calling card. Are y'all sure the fact that there is no power for mils, and power lines down in the street, that it couldn't possibly be some thing on the networks end? I just hate to continue trouble shooting the phone, and going to buy a new one, if it was actually some thing caused by the storm. 

Highlighted
Agent

Thank you for your reply. We have just answered your private message and awaiting a response as soon as possible.

Highlighted
Accomplice

I sent you a message, but nearest intersection is Hwy 87 and Colon Mintz Rd, 28451. Bought the phone on the 2nd at WM

Highlighted
Agent

Sorry to hear that, @Hjalbert To research further, can you send us the cross streets and ZIP codes where this occurs? When did you purchase that device?

Accomplice

Hurricane Florence

Hi, on the second day, (Saturday maybe?) I turned phone off for about an hour. When I turned it back on i had no data connection. It was domestic roaming. I got the 800# through a text, and called to verify that it was the towers, signal, etc and not my phone. This was during a period of not much rain or wind. The CSR "Troy" was helpful, and said that all of the boost towers were working and that it was my phone.... which seemed unlikely, but in a way it was a good thing. I would have to call Motorola because it was a new moto e5. Long story and a factory reset later, I find out it actually is the towers.  Because of doing the factory reset I completely lost all communication with my family while I was isolated by washed out bridges, no power, and flooded roads. I'm currently using a neighbor's verizon tablet. Disappointed doesn't begin to describe how I feel . I will be asking for a refund when I transfer my number, and since the two week period to return the phone expired during the hurricane, I would also like an extension of that.