How to remove someone from a family plan

Highlighted

How to remove someone from a family plan

I'm the primary person on the account and I'm having trouble trying to figure out how to remove my ex from my plan so i can pay my phone bill.
10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Agent

Unfortunately, you cannot remove members from our website you need to call our Customer Service line, and wait for one of our agents.

~JoyP.

~ Joy P.
Highlighted
Accomplice

no one answers at this number or they just hang up terrible customer service boost has

Highlighted
Accomplice

why the website clearly states the following

Manage Family Plan You can review the details of your family plan, remove lines, or add /invite people to your family. this option too remove a line from family does not exist

Highlighted
Agent

Hey there @tagger5896. Thanks for reaching out to us. In order to remove a member from the family plan you need call our Customer Service line at 1-888-266-7848, so they can further assist you.

~JoyP.

~ Joy P.
Highlighted
Accomplice

this does not work there is no option too remove a line

Highlighted
Agent

We definitely understand your request, @sarwah76. If you send us a private message throughout this channel, we'll be able to assist you without no issues and in a timely manner. 

Highlighted

when they start that you have to remove all lines and start a new plan, I needed to do this just a few months ago and they just removed the desired line. I need the same thing and chat is unavailable and have now been on hold for an hour

Highlighted
Agent

Hey there, @zharner83! In order to change the primary line in a Family plan, all members must leave the plan so you can create a new one. The process of removing a line is currently unavailable in the website, but we can do it for you! Please send us a private message with the phone number and PIN of the primary line, that way we can remove all the lines and you can start a new one.  In order to send a private message, you just need to click on my name, then select the option that says "Send this user a private message". 

Highlighted

there is no option to remove the line. I am trying to change the primary and have been for 2 days. Now, my bill is due, and I don't want to pay for another full month of service when I have 87$ in credits on the account I want to make primary. This is rediculously difficult. Your website does not make this easy. Your email support is offline. I am very angry about the difficulty this is giving me. There is no reason for this.

Highlighted
Agent

Hello, Nichole12. Thanks for contacting us. We'll be happy to help. As the primary line, you can remove secondary lines from your family plan following these steps:

1. Log into your account online. Here is the link: https://boost.co/2oleGNl.
2. From the Support page, scroll to and click on Manage Family Plan
3. Click the drop-down arrow of the Line on the right-hand side of the screen you would like to remove.
4. Click the Remove Line option.

If any issue, please let us know.