Extended voice not working

Highlighted
Groupie

I recently traveled to the midwest.  According to the Virgin Mobile coverage map for the area, my phone should have been in an "extended voice" region, where I should have been able to access a partner network with no extra charge (for voice? data? both?).  I am currently on a voice/text only plan on a Samsung Galaxy A10e.  When I got to my destination I discovered I had no voice or text service.  I could find no setting on my phone to enable extended voice.  I tried submitting a support request, but of course, it didn't go out since my phone thought I had no service.  According to your coverage map I thought I was ok.  It's a good thing I didn't need phone service, or I would have been out of luck.

How does one access the "extended voice" feature when out of a normal Virgin Mobile coverage area?  If it's not possible, this needs to be made clear on the coverage map.

See more topics labeled with:
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Agent

@wgadsby: Agents status will not show as online. You can still send a PM even if the status is offline. If you don't see the send a message button, then you must confirm your email. The forum sent you an email with a link when you signed up, you must click on that link to confirm your email. 

Highlighted
Groupie

As far as I can tell you haven't been online for 24 at least hours.  Your online status is dark gray and the "contact me" button doesn't work.  How do I PM you?

Highlighted
Agent

Hello, @wgadsby. Thanks for reaching out. Please send us a PM with your phone number, PIN and address so we can take a look. 

You can send a private message by clicking on my name, then selecting the message option from the profile page.

Highlighted
Groupie

I recently traveled to the midwest.  According to the Virgin Mobile coverage map for the area, my phone should have been in an "extended voice" region, where I should have been able to access a partner network with no extra charge (for voice? data? both?).  I am currently on a voice/text only plan on a Samsung Galaxy A10e.  When I got to my destination I discovered I had no voice or text service.  I could find no setting on my phone to enable extended voice.  I tried submitting a support request, but of course, it didn't go out since my phone thought I had no service.  According to your coverage map I thought I was ok.  It's a good thing I didn't need phone service, or I would have been out of luck.

How does one access the "extended voice" feature when out of a normal Virgin Mobile coverage area?  If it's not possible, this needs to be made clear on the coverage map.

See more topics labeled with: