End of Data Done Right Plan??

Go to solution
Highlighted
Accomplice

End of Data Done Right Plan??

I received an email from Virgin Mobile that my data done right plan is ending soon. I paid for a whole month. Ends March 31. I don't need/want to buy a new phone!!!!!!! This is absurd!!!!! I want to keep my plan. Nothing wrong with it. When is the end date of Data Done Right Plans? That will be my good riddance date to virgin mobile and their uneccessary pricing changes which really aren't much different. Virgin Mobile please keep data done right !!!!!!

38 REPLIES 38
Highlighted
Not applicable

Thank you for replying Edmond M.  It appears that the company's offer has not been updated to provide the best value to the customers because people are being forced to pay more.  In our case, it's somewhere between 200 and 350% more.  Also, the company just overcharged our account for the next month of service that we are told will end on May 31, 2017.

Highlighted
Agent

Hello dkemp. We are updating our offers to provide the best value to our customers.  As part of this offer refresh, we are discontinuing the Data Done Right and Custom plans.  All Data Done Right and Virgin Mobile Custom customers must switch to a Virgin Mobile Data Love plan to avoid losing service. You can find details regarding our current Data love plans in this website https://goo.gl/n1HjYD.

Highlighted
Not applicable

What exactly is happening with the Virgin Mobile Custom, Virgin Mobile Beyond Talk, and Virgin Mobile Data Done Right plans?  We have been loyal and paid up customers for many years, and we are beginning to receive e-mails that mention that we may need to get rid of our phones (untrue according to earlier posts) and plan.  We are a family of four with basic phones and the custom plan that allows us to adjust our usage as needed.  From what I gather from the e-mails, the cost of our four phone lines will increase 350%, and we may need to get new phones, too.  Clearly, this is not "updating our offers to provide the best value to our customers."  Please advise.

Highlighted
Not applicable

I have completed the migration of both our phones. The first two reps that answered claimed we had to buy new phones. THAT IS FALSE. After the 3rd call, the rep had zero problem migrating our phones. I called on my phone, and they migrated my husbands phone. (you have to turn them completely off) Then, we waited about an hour, and called back, and he migrated my phone. NOTE:::::: it really took about 24 hours for the phone to really work well. The rep said it really does take some time, depending on how much you have on your phone. Nothing bad, just a little jerky and slow, but it all cleared up just as he said.

YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BUY NEW PHONES!!!

We moved over a samsung galaxy S3, and a Samsung Galaxy Prime with zero problems.

Just keep calling until you get someone who can help you.

Highlighted
Accomplice

Will this work on the Huawei Union (Y538)??

Edit:

Yes it does work.

Migration is free

Virgin Mobile DDR live agent will migrate your phone and reprogram it

There are new apps downloaded to phone after programming

VMU (My Account)

Visual Voice Mail

Voicemail

Gagdet Guard

Apps removed:

Virgin Mobile (DDR app)

(any other apps that were there I cannot remember seems this is the only app removed)

Phone is reset back to factory programming without losing your installed apps.

Phone will work with Playphone (Game Store Virgin Mobile exclusive) after migration.

I haven't tested it with music streaming and social media apps. I do not use them. It is advertised it will work with these apps without burning up data allotment.

It is worth it.

Thanks for help.

Highlighted
Agent

Hey OPKC

Make sure you're not calling on a Virgin Mobile USA phone, otherwise you'll be automatically transferred with them. Call from any other phone (even landlines) and they'll be able to migrate your account in less than an hour.

Highlighted
Not applicable

Have tried for two evenings to migrate our phones. No one knows how. One number I call tells me I need to call a different number and then gives me the first number I called.

Highlighted
Accomplice

Two posters replied they have switched their. DDR Walmart phone to the new plan. One stated beware it can take an hour.

I do not trust facebook and twitter accounts posting about anything like this, Lack of communication here, The Virgin Mobile USA advisors will in fact REPROGRAM DDR Walmart phones. They have the tools.
Highlighted
Not applicable

I migrated my son's DDR/Walmart phone yesterday. He is now on the the $35 'Data Love' plan. Yes, I am not really happy about paying $5 extra per month but any other alternative would cost more money.
Highlighted
Promoter

if u guys go to the virgin mobile usa facebook u see there telling people u need to buy a new phone to migrate over to virgin plan since the data done right phone have special software on them the phone for the sevice to work the way it does with data done right so guess we will see when they shut down data done right because the phone never been able to switch between virgin unlimted and data done right due to the software on the phone