End of Data Done Right Plan??

Go to solution
Highlighted
Accomplice

End of Data Done Right Plan??

I received an email from Virgin Mobile that my data done right plan is ending soon. I paid for a whole month. Ends March 31. I don't need/want to buy a new phone!!!!!!! This is absurd!!!!! I want to keep my plan. Nothing wrong with it. When is the end date of Data Done Right Plans? That will be my good riddance date to virgin mobile and their uneccessary pricing changes which really aren't much different. Virgin Mobile please keep data done right !!!!!!

38 REPLIES 38
Highlighted
Accomplice

Tada! 

'Only' 34:42 on hold the 2nd attempt. Guy was nice, got it done. Total time on phone (including time on hold) came to 1:02:11. 

(You all know you were waiting for this update with baited breath!) Smiley Tongue

Highlighted
Accomplice

After waiting 32 minutes and getting a human, I was told to wait until today to call (since my plan was paid up to yesterday).

First attempt: 34 minutes on hold. 2nd attempt, 31 minutes...and it took an hour and twenty minutes because nobody will tell you in advance the following:
Call from a landline, not the phone you currently have/use.

If you have 2 lines (as I do), BOTH phones/people have to be available...so, could only switch my phone.

I asked if I need to have a new Top Up card as I had 2 ready to buy to pay for both phones and he said, 'no, we'll handle that later.'

He deactivated my phone and made a new account for me (though I'm not sure where to log in now). An hour later, he said he's ready for my Top Up PIN. Uh...I didn't buy it b/c he said not to. Fine, use my credit card. I give the number....then he says they can't take Discover anymore. So, I get to make him wait while I buy the Top Up card online (about 7 minutes).

Had to turn phone off and on several times before it updated. 
Finally...done. (1:21:21 time spent on that call)

I emailed my son and he drove 45 minutes to be here and my first attempt for his phone change dance, I was on hold for 54 minutes and 17 seconds....and the music just stops. Nothing. It shows I'm still connected...so I waited...gave up after 10 minutes of silence.

Now, 2nd attempt...on hold for 14 minutes (as of right now)...

I already bought Top Up card and put in his account (which used to be mine with both lines) so if a human ever answers, perhaps it'll only take an hour to get his changed over. 

Is this VM's way of trying to force us to buy new phones from them?

Highlighted
Not applicable

THIS MUSIC WHILE HOLDING IS HIDEOUS AND LOUD. PLUS YOUR EATING UP MY PHONE TIME BY BEING ON HOLD FOR 13 MINUTES! YOU PEOPLE REALLY DO SUCK AND YOUR PHONE SERVICE IS NOW MORE EXPENSIVE PLUS YOU SLOW DOWN OUR DATA SPEED IF WE USE "TOO MUCH".  TOO MUCH ACCORDING TO WHOM? YOU? I'M LOOKING FOR A DIFFERENT PHONE AND PLAN, IT IS NOT WORTH ALL THIS HASSLE.

Highlighted
Not applicable

Me either getting customer service representative that are very nasty about the change. Also got two different plan cost. Cannot get through to find out any information. Waited on the phone over 45 minutes. Now the phone just hangs up. What can be done my service does not end until June 3. No good reasons for the switch. Thinking about changing services right now. Looking for another company. Anyone find one let me know immediately. If can't keep same number, I'll change. Just let everyone know the new number. PERPLEXED????
Highlighted
Accomplice

I'm calling from a landline now. I've been on hold for 12 minutes already. 

Is Cricket, Boost, and/or MetroPCS like this, too? 

Highlighted
Not applicable

Our plan, phones, screen covers, cases, extra batteries, etc., were good until this month.  Suddenly, we are faced with overcharges and changing our four phones.  Unfortaneltly, the latest e-mails from the company don't tell us anything new. It appears that the company should accommodate the old platform.

Highlighted
Accomplice

I've been calling for the past week to change to the new plan and will automatically be put on hold. Last week, 6 times...I'd be on hold with that terrible music for 12 to 13 minutes, then the music would stop and nothing would happen so I'd have to hang up and try again.

Today, I get home from work a little early and call and was on hold for 32 minutes.
A human picked up the line! 

Then, after all of the waiting he said I have to call from a landline to change my phone over to the new plan!!!! AAAARRRRGGGG!

Highlighted
Promoter

Hello all,

We've put together some info to help you in the transition away from Data Done Right: /t5/My-Account-Plans-Orders/Data-Done-Right-Your-Questions-Answered/m-p/3988/highlight/true#M1731

If you have any questions, please give us a call at 1.844.680.3922

-Be

Highlighted
Agent

@MJ647 The high speed data will depend on the plan you choose, and even though you've consumed the high speed data of the plan you should be able to access to the internet. Which plan do you have?

~ Joy 

~ Joy P.
Highlighted
Not applicable

The data love plans are a joke
You're paying $20 more for the same unlimited data as you had on data done right and at a slower speed, they throttle you down to 15kb/s if you use too much on an unlimited plan all while they promote "better service" and "more value" they should have kept things the way they were.