End of Data Done Right Plan??

Go to solution
Highlighted
Accomplice

End of Data Done Right Plan??

I received an email from Virgin Mobile that my data done right plan is ending soon. I paid for a whole month. Ends March 31. I don't need/want to buy a new phone!!!!!!! This is absurd!!!!! I want to keep my plan. Nothing wrong with it. When is the end date of Data Done Right Plans? That will be my good riddance date to virgin mobile and their uneccessary pricing changes which really aren't much different. Virgin Mobile please keep data done right !!!!!!

38 REPLIES 38
Highlighted
Not applicable

Exactly! Every time I ever try to get any answers the same thing you mentioned above happens to me.They give me a phone number to call,,wich is a generic recording that hangs up on me. I have wasted sooo much time dealing with these people. In a way,,Im actually glad DDR is going away. Because now i have an excuse to go with another company.No one infuriates me like Virgin Mobile tech support....ps. I still cant believe that not a single one of thier tech support people mentioned my phone doesnt work because DDR is no more.,,for **bleep**s sake,,I just got a $45.00 top up card a week ago!
Highlighted
Not applicable

I have spent about 2 solid hours on the phone with thier tech support. 6 different calls,because i got hung up on 6 times! Not once did any of them say anything at all about DDR being shut down,and needing to migrate a phone number. Im sooo done with these **bleep**heads. 

Highlighted
Not applicable

This has pushed me to Tello. I highly recommend it. Customer service is great and prices also good. The only downside is that I probably need to get a new number (major bummer). Feels good to support a company that supports its customers.

Highlighted
Accomplice

Community Admin, or Moderator,

This thread has been marked Solved. I have no issues with my Data Love Plan.

Please lock this topic for two reasons:

1)I marked it "solved".

2)It has turned into a mess of complaints. Not ethical for a forum to keep allowing it to continue as long as it has.

If anyone else has issues, complaints, or greivances, please start your own thread.

Thanks.

Highlighted
Not applicable

I don't know what is going on with them. After diligently paying Virgin for about five years and switching to a new Virgin android phone - which I truly liked - I was informed that my plan will end unless I call a number. I called. God, did I call! Last week, I was on hold for over three hours. This Tuesday, I decided to stay on hold for as long as it takes. I managed over two hours but after that the connection was lost. They give you a number where nobody answers the phones! Or maybe there is one person answering thousands of calls. So, I sent them an email. The response was generic and had nothing to do with what I wrote. I took some time off at work and I went to the place where I bought my phone. They actually managed to connect with Virgin and talked to someone who transferred them to someone else, who transferred them to someone else, who put them on hold, etc. Issues were not resolved. Finally, I switched to Sprint which took about 5.5 hours because after basically cancelling my service, Virgin did not want to release my phone number for transfer to my new phone. And then Virgin sent me an email, "We are sorry to lose you... etc." Are you kidding?! You have done everything humanely possible to lose me! I have never encountered a company trying so very hard to lose customers and I have been around for a while. While I am still recovering from what has happened, I have one advice: stay away from Virgin!

Highlighted
Not applicable

How long does it take to get someone on the phone after calling customer service?....I've been trying for two days now
Highlighted
Not applicable

3 days now on hold with the "Hi we are really busy today a live advisor will be with you soon" message for now 3.5 hours staright(rotating house phones cause they keep losing charge) past couple days its been 1.5 hours at a time waiting before i hang up because WHO has that much time to wait on hold? i spent 2 parts of my day off today trying to get ahold of a live advisor with no luck in 6+ hours in total today on hold. its now 9:35pm EST and am still tryiong to wait but WOW this is just horrible

Highlighted
Not applicable

I have been on hold for one hour as of 7:18pm Eastern.  Got an email that the deadline to switch has been extended to the end of the May billing cycle.  What does that mean???  Since I paid up my plan four days ago I am hoping that means another 3+ weeks to switch because I have no land line and this wait is killing my battery!!!  Yes, I am a procratinator and I should've called sooner, but I can't tell if this extension applies to me or not.  Will I still have phone service if I don't call back for another week so this backlog can subside to less than a 5 minute hold time?

Highlighted
Accomplice

Hey Community!

@tyorston @upyours1132 @JUICEEJUICE @me1900 @River616 

So, unfortunately, we have a tool that has been down the past few days. This has caused some repeat call volume on the Data Done Right customer movement to Data Love. [Major bummer for us all.] However, we wanted to share a bit of good news with you — the tool is now up and running again! We're back on track, family. 

That being said, we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused! We are doing all that we can to ensure that things like this don't happen in the future.  Due to the issue that occurred, we may see heavier volumes for the next few hours — which will result in longer wait times.

Please know that our team is working as quickly as possible to respond to all of your questions, both online and via phone. We understand your frustration, and we will return today with further updates regarding this situation. We appreciate your patience in advance! 

Sincerely,

The Virgin Mobile USA Team

Highlighted
Not applicable

i have tried calling every day for 5 daqys. after being on hold 40 minutes plus line goes dead. how can you call them if they won't answer phone. Filed complaint with my state atty general office.