Does anyone else find Boost Mobile to be absolutely terrible?

Highlighted

Does anyone else find Boost Mobile to be absolutely terrible?

I decided about six months ago to switch to Boost Mobile from Virgin Mobile to save a few pennies on my prepaid plan every month. The plans were so similar I thought I would check it out. I am greatly disappointed so far. First off, my data sucks! I can't even load certain websites anymore because it keeps timing out. My girlfriend and I have this theory that they track your most used sites and time you out from them because they worry you will use too much data by using those sites. Then, there is the call quality. More than once a week, people complain that my reception is really bad on my phone. With Virgin Mobile, I have never had a data issue with loading sites nor call quality issues. Does the few extra dollars really make a difference with this? I am going for an iPhone and switching back to Virgin Mobile starting January of next year because of this. Really sucks.

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Accomplice

Go to page 2. Mine is the last one on the page
Highlighted
Accomplice

If you keep scrolling down this thread it's all on there. I've posted a couple of novels about my experience with Boost. Worst company ever!! I would do without a cell phone before I would go back to Boost Mobile! Good luck with your issue. I'm here if you need me
Highlighted
Enthusiast

Yes i do
Highlighted
Accomplice

I wish you luck if you have problems with your service, with a phone order, with a defective phone you purchased! I took 18 friends and family with me when I left Boost. They were aware this would happen, all over a defective phone I purchased off the Boost Mobile website. They wouldn't refund my money or exchange the phone after SEVEN days!! Even though it was a FACTORY DEFECTIVE PHONE! Long story and it's all up on this board if you care to look it up
Highlighted
Accomplice

I kept hearing the same bullpoop from Boost about upgrading their networks but I never got any better service. Soon as I switched to the actual Sprint network, lighting fast. So Boost lies about EVERYTHING!
Highlighted
Accomplice

Sorry, I switched to Sprint and I have Excellent service. I don't know why Boost has such sorry service since it says it runs off the Sprint network, but Boost service absolutely sucks! Being on actual Sprint has made a huge difference! EVERYTHING about Boost Mobile sucks! I have warned at least 100 people to stay away from Boost and go to Sprint, which they have! I highly reccomend going to the true SPIRIT!!
Highlighted
Groupie

The large nationwide carriers, including Sprint, are what they call post-paid. ... If you don't get good Sprint coverage, then Boost Mobile would not be a good fit for you. As a reminder, Sprint is working hard on expanding their 4G and 4G LTE service nationwide. They do have some work to do, but they are getting there.

Highlighted
Accomplice

It was on an email they sent me. I honestly think Boost makes up their rules as they go along. I copy paste the email on the update where it says 50 days. I switched to Metropcs yesterday. I am very happy. They have no 3G and my internet is lightning fast. Also they have a one year in store warranty not 7 days like Boost. The free phones to switch are MUCH better than what Boost offers too.
Highlighted
Accomplice

Hiya Tina, This is very interesting as I tried to get an Iphone 6 unlocked from boot that was active from Nov 17th to Mar 26th, the Boost Person told me the phone needed to be active for 12 months before they would unlock it, where did the 50 days come from. And which one is the correct length of time? Sorry to here you were treated so poorly here, I am a little concerned since I am in the process of porting my number over right now!! Best Wishes, Roberta
Accomplice

UPDATE: Decided to dump Boost before my month was up. Went to MetroPCS today. My first question was what kind of in-store warranty do you have. They have a one year in-store warranty. Also no more 3g only 4g. My new phone which is also a moto e5 plus, free let me add, is faster than any internet I ever had with Boost. I am happy I switched! The unlimited plan with a hotspot was also less expensive. I recommend MetroPCS to anyone unhappy with Boost!