Does anyone else find Boost Mobile to be absolutely terrible?

6 REPLIES 6
Accomplice

Re: Does anyone else find Boost Mobile to be absolutely terrible?

It was on an email they sent me. I honestly think Boost makes up their rules as they go along. I copy paste the email on the update where it says 50 days. I switched to Metropcs yesterday. I am very happy. They have no 3G and my internet is lightning fast. Also they have a one year in store warranty not 7 days like Boost. The free phones to switch are MUCH better than what Boost offers too.
Accomplice

Hiya Tina, This is very interesting as I tried to get an Iphone 6 unlocked from boot that was active from Nov 17th to Mar 26th, the Boost Person told me the phone needed to be active for 12 months before they would unlock it, where did the 50 days come from. And which one is the correct length of time? Sorry to here you were treated so poorly here, I am a little concerned since I am in the process of porting my number over right now!! Best Wishes, Roberta
Accomplice

UPDATE: Decided to dump Boost before my month was up. Went to MetroPCS today. My first question was what kind of in-store warranty do you have. They have a one year in-store warranty. Also no more 3g only 4g. My new phone which is also a moto e5 plus, free let me add, is faster than any internet I ever had with Boost. I am happy I switched! The unlimited plan with a hotspot was also less expensive. I recommend MetroPCS to anyone unhappy with Boost!
Highlighted
Accomplice

UPDATE: I thought I'd try to get the unlock code for my moto e5 plus since Boost Mobile refuses to give me a refund, so I can take it to Metropcs. So a couple of days ago I called and spoke with a customer service representative. He took all my information and told me I would receive an email with the unlock code within 48 hours. Within 48 hours this is the email I received :
Letting you know your Motorola E5 Plus on line 2283283574 cannot be
unlocked because it hasn't been active for more than 50 days. Go to
sprint.com/chat or call *2 for help.

I did the chat and was given a number to call which, was you guessed it, a number to Boost. The guy I spoke to told me they didn't have unlock codes. I told him that was a lie and read him the email. So.... My call was escalated, as usual. The next guy told me I had to have the phone active for 50 days or more. I told him that wasn't possible because it would not stay connected to the internet and gave him a rundown of everything I have been through with Boost and Motorola. He asked me if I wanted the unlock code for another phone that I have. I told him NO, why would I want to take an old phone with me when I can get a new phone for free with Metropcs??!!! I wanted the unlock code for the moto e5 plus which is less than three months old and I haven't been able to use because it isn't compatible with the Boost network. Needless to say Boost wouldn't work with me and I didn't get the code. I did tell the guy to make it know that I had been a Boost Customer for over 8 years and had gotten 7 family members and 11 friends to go with Boost. That their last month with Boost were up and they had already switched to Metropcs. And for the cost of a $139.99 phone that Boost wouldn't make right, that they were losing 19 customers and we all had the unlimited plan which would cost Boost in a year $12,540. So Boost was losing much more that the $139.99 they technically stole from me. I highly recommend not walking but running as fast as you can from Boost Mobile, as they care nothing for you, only for your money.
Accomplice

Boost is absolutely the worst! All they will do is say I'm sorry but.. Nothing more. Run from Boost Mobile as fast as you can! I'll tell you why, here is my issue with them and the pitiful solution they offered:

My Mom had me purchase, with her credit card, a moto e5 plus, phone for my Christmas gift on November 18, 2018, through the Boost Mobile website. When I activated the phone it wouldn't stay connected to the internet. I contacted Boost Mobile to ask for a refund and was told since it was past the 7 day warranty I would have to deal with Motorola. After three weeks of dealing with Motorola I was sent a new phone on January 18, 2019. I activated the phone the next day and had the exact same problem. I called Boost Mobile to again ask for a refund. I was again told it was past the 7 day warranty but I could use their Buy Back Program. I called them and was told the phone had to be activated for 30 days. Once again I called Boost Mobile. After being escalated up the chain numerous times asking for a refund I was told I was not eligible because Motorola had sent me a replacement phone. What the f? I told them if they had given me a refund when I first asked I wouldn't have a replacement phone. I have been a Boost customer for 8 years. Now I an stuck with a phone I paid for and cannot use and Boost Mobile refuses to make it right. Beware if you purchase a phone that has problems that Boost will NOT do anything to help. I am now out the money for the phone and Boost is to the good the money I paid. I will NOT stay with a company that has so little regard for its customers that it won't give a refund on a defective product and basically tells the customer too bad for you. I am switching cell phone carriers as soon as my month with Boost is up
UPDATE :Last night, Boost offered to credit my account $60 dollars so the issue would be settled. I refused as this is less than half of what I paid for the phone. Anything less than the full purchase price of the phone credited back to my credit card is unacceptable to me. Since saying no, I have heard nothing further from anyone at Boost. I will update if I do hear anything further.

That’s not what we like to hear. We truly apologize for the inconvenience, ryanwayne. Can you please send me a private message with your current address location, phone number and PIN?

To send me a private message, please click on my username and select to send a private message.

Does anyone else find Boost Mobile to be absolutely terrible?

I decided about six months ago to switch to Boost Mobile from Virgin Mobile to save a few pennies on my prepaid plan every month. The plans were so similar I thought I would check it out. I am greatly disappointed so far. First off, my data sucks! I can't even load certain websites anymore because it keeps timing out. My girlfriend and I have this theory that they track your most used sites and time you out from them because they worry you will use too much data by using those sites. Then, there is the call quality. More than once a week, people complain that my reception is really bad on my phone. With Virgin Mobile, I have never had a data issue with loading sites nor call quality issues. Does the few extra dollars really make a difference with this? I am going for an iPhone and switching back to Virgin Mobile starting January of next year because of this. Really sucks.