Did You Know: How to Swap a Phone

Highlighted

Did You Know: How to Swap a Phone

Did you know it’s easy to change out your phone online or in our automated voice system?

Before you start, you’ll need this info:

• The device serial number (It’s on the box that the phone came in or the back of the Phone – behind the battery)
  • The phone number of the phone that you want to swap
  • Your Account PIN (forgot your pin?)

Once you’re ready, visit Virgin Mobile web site - Activate and follow the step-by-step instructions.

Or call 888-322-1122

• Note: You cannot use your current Virgin Mobile phone to call from, call from another active mobile phone or landline.
  • Choose option 3 (Account Changes) then option 2 (Swap phone)
  • Follow the voice prompts to complete the swap
  • Start using your new phone!

Virgin Mobile Gives You Extra

19 REPLIES 19
Highlighted
Agent

Hi there, @m_pend. Even if you swap phones, your account will not suffer changes and your service will continue to work with the new phone. If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Highlighted
Not applicable

I have already payed for this months services. Does this transfer to my new phone if I transfer in the middle of my month?
Highlighted
Not applicable

It said starting update service failed
Highlighted
Agent

Please follow the next steps and test your phone. 

1.Tap Phone icon.
2.Tap Key Pad if necessary.
3.Enter ##873283# then tap Call icon.
4.When Starting Service Update appears, tap OK.
5.When Service Update Complete appears, tap OK. The Radio will reset.
When Virgin displays in the top left corner, the iPhone update has completed.

Highlighted
Not applicable

And I just attempted to get a new number and it’s says request not recognized 

Highlighted
Agent

So sorry to hear about this experience, Shane127. We want to help! We value your privacy and security. Due to the nature of your concern, we would like to authenticate your account, but for us to do this in a secure way we need to take this to a private channel where we can discuss private account information. Please send us a private message along with your phone number, the PIN and a brief description of your request. To send a private message, click on any of the social care agents user names and select the option send this user a private messages. 

Highlighted
Not applicable

I bought a pre loved iPhone 7 from virgin mobile and tried to swap my old number to my iPhone 7 but after I put in the iPhone 7s information and put in the pin it stays on a loading screen

Highlighted
Agent

Hi, Jmshep1999. We'll be happy to assist you and will take care of this for you. Can you send us a private message with your phone number and pin code?

Highlighted
Not applicable

I need help switching phones over and also activating it. It won't let me access my account right now. And I am stuck.
Highlighted
Agent

Hi, tblightning30. Existing customers are unable to do Bring Your Own Device (BYOD). To activate another phone, it must be a Virgin Mobile handset. We suggest you visit our website to check the devices we have available. Here is the link: https://www.virginmobileusa.com/shop. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.