Can’t unlock my phone

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Agent

Re: Can’t unlock my phone

Hello, @puka. We apologize for this experience. Can you please send us a Private Message? You can send a private message by clicking on my name, then selecting the message option from the profile page.

Accomplice

Please answer my response!!
Accomplice

Hi Rocko, I wish I can drop this but I cannot use my phone unless they unlock my phone.
Accomplice

Boost mobile is a lowlife company that scams people and can’t even keep their website up and running for customers to log in. 
Do yourself a huge favor and drop this awful service and never go back. This company doesn’t deserve a single cent of your hard-earned money. 

Groupie

That's the thing, I didn't even get my phone from them...so i don't want a refund, i just want them to unlock the **bleep** phone

Accomplice

If you don’t unlock the phone and this phone doesn’t work with other carriers, I need refund. What you guys doing is Scam. It’s fraud!!

Accomplice

Hi Stefanvl, thank you for sharing. I’m pretty sure there are so many other people run into same issue with Boost Mobile. What they do is scam.
Agent

Please accept our heartfelt apology, stefanvl. Can you please send us a private message so we can investigate?

Groupie

Yeah, boost is locking people's phones illegally. I bought a new phone from best buy in 2016 or early 2017 that was unlocked (since i was with verizon at the time). I switched to boost, and everything was fine. About 10 months ago, i had to send my iphone in to apple for repair. When i got it back, i re-activated it with boost, but since they replaced the motherboard, it appeared as a new phone. Now i'm in europe and tried to get a sim from here, and I find out it's locked to Sprint. I called Sprint customer support and they told me that the phone is locked to boost, and won't be unlocked because it's only 10 months. The rep called me a liar and told me that i bought the phone from boost and that's why it's locked. Then he said that "apple must have accidentally given you a boost phone when they repaired it (FYI, apple doesn't offer boost phones). When I told him that, he said that it's actually showing up as a leased phone from apple (i had a loner phone for 1 week)...for the last 10 months. Called apple, and they confirmed that the phone they received and gave back was unlocked. Now i'm overseas with no phone since they won't unlock it. It is absolutely illegal for boost to lock a phone that was bought unlocked, and then the rep told me that it was impossible to override and unlock and called me a liar, saying that i bought a boost phone from the.  Reported to the FCC, and will cancel my service as soon as I return to the country. Absolutely ridiculous. I've seen this pop up several times, so to have the rep tell me "sir, we don't lock phones" is an absolute joke. 

Accomplice

I purchased pre owned phone with no contact but actually there is contract for 12 month !! Without complete 12 months, you don’t unlock the phone. That means you are forcing us for 1 year contract!! You guys tricked all customers. There are so many angry customers who can’t unlock the phone.