Can't swap old Boost number to a new Boost phone

3 REPLIES 3
Agent

Re: Can't swap old Boost number to a new Boost phone

Hello, ZMikeSner. To assist you further, please send us the IMEI and SIM card numbers from the new device. Also, send us your phone number and PIN.

To send a private message just click on the picture of any Boost Mobile agent and, in the next screen, click "send this user a private message". 

Old device or new? And also, I can't seem to send you a message.

Agent

Hey there, ZMikeSner! Thanks for contacting us. We'd be happy to help you. Please send a Private Message with your phone number, PIN and the device IMEI/MEID. 

Highlighted

Can't swap old Boost number to a new Boost phone

So my old phone just died this morning, refusing to take a charge. Whatever, I was planning to get a new one anyways.

I bought a new one about 2 hours ago, and when I try to activate it, it says "This device is not eligible to swap." I bought it from WalMart, in a Boost Mobile box. It's a LG Tribute Empire. How can something in a Boost Mobile box not be eligible to swap on a Boost mobile account?

I tried to just activate it as a new phone, porting my old phone number, and the message "Your phone number is not eligible for porting." popped up.

What is going on. Why can't I keep my old number. I just paid for a full month of service with this number and I'd like to have it be on a phone that actually turns on.