Brightstar (used phone warranty providers for boost) sent me a phone that's still under lease.

Go to solution
3 REPLIES 3
Accomplice

Re: Brightstar (used phone warranty providers for boost) sent me a phone that's still under lease.

Poor guy. Had nightmare service from Boost and Brightstar. Switched from Straight Talk to Boost. It took them Four days to activate my phone. I had to pay for those four days service. Decided to swap from Android to iPhone. Bought an iPhone from BestBuy. Siri would not load and volume was too low to hear. It took twelve days to get a return address label. Two reference numbers, two escalation numbers, 23 phone calls ( with notes ) and 36 emails to get a label. I had to pay for "service" for those twelve days. Phone in mail for eight days. I had to pay for service for those eight days. Good Luck! May the once be with you. Did find out you can receive texts and phone calls for 120 days after plan expires. Just renew when you have to text or phone someone.😡

Re: Brightstar (used phone warranty providers for boost) sent me a phone that's still under lease.

Thank you, I called them and they are going to send another phone Robot Happy
Agent

Sorry to read that you’ve been experiencing this issue, @crashbanecoot. We recommend contacting Brigthstar for assistance. 

Highlighted

Brightstar (used phone warranty providers for boost) sent me a phone that's still under lease.

Hello everyone,
So I returned my certified pre-owned phone that I recieved from boost to the third party warranty company and they sent me another one. Well the one they sent me has a passcode on it. So i figured they just forgot to reset it, so I factory reset it myself. Well after doing this several times and making sure the phone screen didn't close out while the phone was restarting, i finally got a big message that says the phone is still under lease. I'm not sure why the third party company who does boosts used phone warranty would send me a phone without removing the lease.

What should I do and who should I contact about this problem? Is the phone even usuable if it thinks it's still under lease?