Boostmobile.com Account Locked for 24 Hours because of too many login attempts.

3 REPLIES 3
Agent

Re: Boostmobile.com Account Locked for 24 Hours because of too many login attempts.

I understand. You can order a phone trough BoostUP! over the phone and in stores. About the issue with the account online, it will not be permanently locked out and yes, it could be someone else trying to to access. If after 24 hours the account is still locked, please contact to further investigate. 

Accomplice

Re: Boostmobile.com Account Locked for 24 Hours because of too many login attempts.

Thanks for the information. Unfortunately, I'm trying to buy a phone using the "BoostUP!" financing which would require I be able to log into my account to make the order.

Additionally, none of this addresses the fact that for whatever reason, my account is locked out. If someone is trying to access my account, how is this resolved? If they keep trying am I just permanently locked out?

I know for a fact I was locked out for one hour after a single correct attempt, and for 24 hours after two correct attempts. My only guess would be that someone else is trying to get in as well?

Agent

Hey there! We're sorry for the inconvenience and thank you so much for letting us know about issue. You can order a device without logging into your account, just need to make sure you get the order number. Also, you order over the phone if you encounter any issues doing it online.

Accomplice

Boostmobile.com Account Locked for 24 Hours because of too many login attempts.

The last time I logged into my account was on the 8th (8 days ago). I logged in then without issue.

I tried to log in this morning, used the correct pin, and received the notification that my account was locked for an hour for too many failed attempts (after only one attempt with the correct information). I tried again after an hour and revived a notification that my account was locked for 24 hours now. I selected verify pin and can verify that the pin sent to my phone is the one I was using. I'm 100% sure that the login information I entered was correct. I only attempted to log in 3 times total today. If the one hour lock only kicks in after 7 failed attempts, then 3 correct attempts should not lead to a 24 hour block.

This is irritating as I'm trying to log into my account to purchase a new phone as my current device is failing and I need to replace it ASAP.