BOOST says wrong PIN number, after porting out. Can’t unlock phone

Go to solution
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Agent

Re: BOOST says wrong PIN number, after porting out. Can’t unlock phone

We're truly sorry for this inconvenience, AlanB. To unlock a cellphone, it's necessary to access the account to confirm that it complies with the Unlock Policy. However, we're unable to log in without the PIN, even if the line is already canceled. If you remember any other PIN that we can try to use, please send us a private message so we can check.

Highlighted
Enthusiast

Marked as solved by accident. Definitely not a solved issue.

Basically I bought phone outright, but because BOOST won’t verify my PIN number (which never changed) they won’t unlock MY phone from their lock.
Highlighted
Agent

Please, remove the info from the public conversation and send us a private message. 

Highlighted
Enthusiast

Highlighted
Agent

Hi there, AlanB. Thanks for contacting us. 

The phone number and PIN are required to request a cell phone unlocking. Please, send us a private message with the phone number and PIN to check the account. 

View solution in original post

Enthusiast

BOOST says wrong PIN number, after porting out. Can’t unlock phone

Recently switched to T-Mobile and had number ported out to them. Tried adding the phone I used on BOOST as a second line but it was locked by BOOST. When I call to have it unlocked, they ask for PIN and tell me it’s incorrect. (I never changed the PIN, and it was used to port out the number).

I’d there another way to have phone unlocked? I’ve had service with BOOST for 10 years and on THAT device for 13 months. Phone was purchased “unlocked”.