Another Virgin Pay As You Go refugee - what do I have to do?

Go to solution
Highlighted
Groupie

Forgive me... I'm old and I'm slow.  I have an old flip phone that I only use to carry when I'm walking in case of an emergency.  I have a balance of over $240 from my Virgin plan days.  I'm on a $.20 a minute plan with Boost and set up the automatic payment if I drop below $5.00 - which I don't expect to do.  My understanding was that this is all I have to do.

Now I see posts saying I do also have to make periodic payments.  Do I have to make regular payments to avoid losing my service and my balance?  One post said that it was necessary to make a $1 payment every 90 days -seems like an odd way to do business...  

Please... keeping it very simple... what do I have to do?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Agent

You're welcome. Remember that you can also access https://boost.co/2VzQWpi to make plan changes, make payments, check your due date, and more. We remain at your service. Have a nice day and stay safe

Highlighted
Groupie

Thanks for the quick reply and clear information.  Actually, my account still showed my balance.  I made a payment just to make sure it stays active.  It is frustrating to understand, because on my Dashboard it said I should be sure to make a payment before November something and that the payment amount was $0.00.  But thanks - I'll make sure to do that $1 every 90 days, PITA though it is...

Highlighted
Agent

Hi, hlghartmann. Thanks for contacting us. Our policy for pay as you plans states that, if you do not make a payment 90 after the last one your account balance will expire. Our team is currently working on restoring the account balance for customers on the pay as you plans as a one-time courtesy. Please make sure to make a payment of at least $1 every 90 to avoid balance expiration. If there’s anything else that we can do for you, let us know. https://www.boostmobile.com/support/faq/plans-services/grandfathered-plans/pay-as-you-go.html?id16=p...

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Groupie

Forgive me... I'm old and I'm slow.  I have an old flip phone that I only use to carry when I'm walking in case of an emergency.  I have a balance of over $240 from my Virgin plan days.  I'm on a $.20 a minute plan with Boost and set up the automatic payment if I drop below $5.00 - which I don't expect to do.  My understanding was that this is all I have to do.

Now I see posts saying I do also have to make periodic payments.  Do I have to make regular payments to avoid losing my service and my balance?  One post said that it was necessary to make a $1 payment every 90 days -seems like an odd way to do business...  

Please... keeping it very simple... what do I have to do?