Activating online after buying SIM Kit.

Go to solution
14 REPLIES 14

Re: Activating online after buying SIM Kit.

@Chinapoole Sorry to hear this. Private message us with the number and PIN to verify this matter. - E.J.

Groupie

Can’t activate my sim kit to my phone
Groupie

I bought them sim kit paid a month of service and it’s still not working for my phone smh
Agent

Hello, jpmd70; that means that we have to program the phone to catch the service. If you send us a private message with the IMEI number we register the phone on our end.

Accomplice

Hi @Nosh_CxUx

Could you please clarify what you mean be "But we'll still need to change the device's Network Settings"

Thanks so much.

Agent

Technically, you can do it either way, but we'll still need to change the device's Network Settings.

Accomplice

Hi @Nosh_CxUx

Then why did @Victor21 state in an earlier post that I (we) can activate online. I have the SIM Kit, and my iPhone ready to go along with the IMEI.

Agent

Hi @jpmd70!

Thank you for contacting us. The DEC or IMEI needs to be entered in our system, therefore, bring your own phones can't be activated online. You can activate it right there in the store or through Customer Service.

A Factory Reset is preferred because that way you won't have any network information from your previous provider that may disrupt the service.

~Nosh_CxUx

Accomplice

Hello,

Do I really need to do a factory reset on the iPhone before activating it the Boost Mobile network. Doing a factory reset is such a pain and takes so long. Thanks for any more information that you can pass along.

Agent

@jpmd70 All our plans have the ability to be used as a family plan, you just pay $30 more for every extra line you add to your account.

~Nosh_CxUx