trying to Activate a phone

Groupie

trying to Activate a phone

i bought a moto g play at walmart and i been trying to activate it for the last two hours and it keeps failing and cant call any numbers not 611 nothing any help ?

5 REPLIES 5
Agent

Re: trying to Activate a phone

Hey there, @benp02746! Thanks for contacting us. In order to assist you properly, we will need to ask you some questions:

* Are you trying to activate the phone using a brand new number or an existing one?

* If an existing phone number, are you using the SIM Card that came with that phone or did you replace it?

* Which method are you using to swap/activate your phone?

* Are you receiving an specific error or message when dialing out?

We are just trying to collect as much information to provide you with the right steps. Rest assured we'll do our very best to help!

Groupie

It turned out to be a port number that wouldn't go thru I was able to contact customer Care on a WiFi app and got everything working thank you .
Agent

Oh, I see! We're glad to hear that, @benp02746 If you ever need any other kind of assistance, do not hesitate to contact us, we'll be pleased to help!

Having the same issue except I bought a used iPhone with sim inside phone... activated with pay plan and additional $10 fee
Agent

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, @Kdcoffman95. How about we take a closer look? Please send us a DM so we can chat further.