how do I change my phone number

Go to solution

how do I change my phone number

How can I change my phone number
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: how do I change my phone number

Hello Everyone, 

Go onto Boostmobile.com and log into my account witch is located on the top right of the main page. Then it will ask for your phone# and pin# to log in, if you forget your pin no worries boost will send you a free message with your pin. Once you log-in click on the icon that say device&support you then will see a list I want to...and the third option will say change phone number. Enter Zip code for coverage, confirm and then success if the boost mobile web dosent give you a problem or if there someone working/updating it. Also dont forget to do the ##72786# on you phones dial pad to update the new number/network. Robot Happy Boost Mobile update there web for us so keep that in mind when you also get a maintenance message.

This way is free but if you call customer service yes they will charge you because this is something you can do so keep trying dont give up.

Robot HappyHope thi helpsRobot Happy 

Ladyequinoxx
Customer Service Rep
Wireless Ally
If I have answered your question, please be sure to mark as Accepted Solution or give it a Kudos if you like the response Robot Happy
Thank you - god bless
135 REPLIES 135
Community Manager

Login in to your account you should be able to change it there go to Settings, Change Phone Number . Provide a Zip Code in order to get the area code . 

A11ey
Crusader of Customer Advocacy

I encourage you to post your questions on the community!

Groupie

I tried to change my number using the BoostZone app and I'm having issues with it as well. Says that my number has already been changed in the last 24 hours so I have to wait at least 24 hours to change it again. My number has not been changed and when I callled customer service they were of no help and wanted to charge me a fee for a service that is provided FREE with the app, that isn't working properly. I find that very unjust of the company. Did you ever get it to work for you, if so what did you have to do?

Community Manager

It could be that the app actually worked but it got hung up in the system somewhere. Did you check the website under your account? If you are still having issues please send me a private message so I can get your account information to our expert team for review.

A11ey
Crusader of Customer Advocacy

I encourage you to post your questions on the community!

Accomplice

Log in your boost account (phone number and pin). Go to Device Support >> Phone Number Change >> Enter Zip Code.

Hello Everyone, 

Go onto Boostmobile.com and log into my account witch is located on the top right of the main page. Then it will ask for your phone# and pin# to log in, if you forget your pin no worries boost will send you a free message with your pin. Once you log-in click on the icon that say device&support you then will see a list I want to...and the third option will say change phone number. Enter Zip code for coverage, confirm and then success if the boost mobile web dosent give you a problem or if there someone working/updating it. Also dont forget to do the ##72786# on you phones dial pad to update the new number/network. Robot Happy Boost Mobile update there web for us so keep that in mind when you also get a maintenance message.

This way is free but if you call customer service yes they will charge you because this is something you can do so keep trying dont give up.

Robot HappyHope thi helpsRobot Happy 

Ladyequinoxx
Customer Service Rep
Wireless Ally
If I have answered your question, please be sure to mark as Accepted Solution or give it a Kudos if you like the response Robot Happy
Thank you - god bless
Enthusiast

Thank you

You are very welcome causeican that's why we are here to help each other Robot Happy
Ladyequinoxx
Customer Service Rep
Wireless Ally
Thank you - god bless

I followed all of the directions. However, when I enter##72786# it rings, then says the number or code I entered is incorrect. When I text, my old number still appears, and it's still programmed in  my phone.

Highlighted

Hello dreamE, ☺
You said when you did ##72786# it rang? It's not supposed to ring just give you options of reseting things like that. Do you have an apple phone by any change because the ##72786# is more for androids won't really work on apple there is a different code when it comes to apple phones. If you like get back to me and I'll go through it with you or tell me what kind of phone you have.
Ladyequinoxx
Customer Service Rep
Wireless Ally
Thank you - god bless