growing data plan not growing

Highlighted
Groupie

growing data plan not growing

I signed for the 5gb growing data plan in March 2016.  I use auto reboost, so I have made 12 consecutive on time payments. It's supposed to be an additional half gigabyte for every 3 on time payments.  My data has only grown twice: I'm still stuck on 6gb even though I should be on 7.5

My data increased to 5.5gb in June 2016(on time payments in March, April, May)  Should have increased to 6gb in September(on time payments in June, July, August); it didn't and I tried contacting Boost through Facebook and got no response.  Plan increased to 6.0gb in December(on time payments in September, October, November) when it should have been increasing to 7.  Should have increased to 7.5gb yesterday(on time payments in December, January, February) when my account renewed, and didn't increase at all.

I don't appreciate being cheated out of the data that I earned, and I don't appreciate being ignored by customer service when I try to make contact.  And I see from reading the forums that I'm not the only person who has problems getting Boost to make good on the growing data plan. No, I'm not interested in switching to the $50 unlimited plan and I will be taking my business elsewhere if this isn't fixed immediately. I kept my end of of the bargain and Boost needs to keep theirs.

16 REPLIES 16
Groupie

Re: growing data plan not growing

Correction: Should be at 7gb as of yesterday. The original plan was 18 payments until the data gets capped at 8gb. 

Agent

Hello!

Can you please send me a private message with your phone number and pin to better assist you?

Groupie

Whatever was done to my account is still incorrect.  I haven't received any extra data, and I received a text message congratulating me for making 1 on time payment toward my 5.5gb growing data plan. I'm not on the 5.5gb plan: I'm still stuck on the 6.0gb even though it should 7.0. My March payment was definitely on time, but it should be towards my 7.0gb plan. 

Enthusiast

I have the same issue!! Data plan didn't grow!!! I think Boost does this systematically.
Groupie

And here we go again.  15th on time payment on May 27 and my data plan didn't grow to 7.5gb.  Boost Mobile is just shady as hell; they have absolutely no intentions of honoring the terms of this service plan for me or anyone else. Filing a complaint with the FCC and taking my business to MetroPCS.

Agent

Hello. Please send us a private message with your phone number and pin code to look into this for you. Victor21

Enthusiast

Mine has also not grown- even once! I signed up over a year ago without making a single late payment.. What gives?
Agent

@Somethinghere Hey there! We apologize for the inconvenience. We'll be more than happy to assist you. Please, send us a "Private Message" with your phone and PIN number so we can review and investigate the account.

~JoyP.

~ Joy P.
Groupie

I am having the same issue. I've been with Boost for almost 8 years and have been on the 3gb growing data plan for at minimum a year, however I believe it's closer to 18 months. My data hasn't grown once and I use autopay to make my payments so I know they are on time. This is getting ridiculous and I'm tired of being throttled down to 2G speeds when I should have data left.