complaint

Highlighted

complaint

I just bought a brand Galaxy J7 Perx from a Boost Mobile store here in Omaha as of last Sunday afternoon.  I had a choice of buying the phone for $150 with a plan or paying full price of $200 and getting the phone without a plan.  I told the clerk, that I liked my carrier so I'd pay the full $200 so I could hook it up to a different plan.  I got the phone home and found the full priced phone is locked and cannot be unlocked.  I brought it back to the store, now five days after I purchased it.  I told them exactly what I said to the clerk at the time I bought it, and what my intentions were.  They informed me that they do not accept returns.  I told them what i was trying to do when i bought it.  So I said, you sold me a $200 brick.  Their response was yes.  I told them that no one informed me that they had a "no return" policy.  They said it's printed on the bottom of the receipt.  If it's on the receipt, it means you have already bought something!!!!  I tried contacting your customer service, and I'm getting the runaround.  I sent an email to the Douglas County prosecutor's office explaining my story, I have also started looking for an **bleep**.  No Joke

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Agent

Hello, narou1. We hate that such a terrible experience - such as what you've gone through - took place in a store with the Boost Mobile name above the door. That treatment is unacceptable. Most of our Boost Mobile stores are independently owned and operated, so the action we undertake is to address issues with the store ownership and management.

We can issue a report about this store and the employee so that it can be passed along to that store's account team for resolution. Whenever possible, please provide as many details as possible about that store (address, and perhaps the phone number, if you have it) and the offending employee. We'll be happy to report this incident so that it reaches that store's account team.

Highlighted

"Boost Mobile Premier store" 4827 L st Omaha NE 68117

Highlighted
Agent

Thank you for the information, narou1. Your case has been escalated. Fonsy82

Highlighted
Groupie

I have a similar case, but not exactly the same. I was on my way to Madera, CA, and my LG Tribute died (battery would not charge), so it was by miracle I found a Boost Mobile store in Fresno. On July 1, 2017, I bought an LG Stylo 3 for $179.99, minus upgrade credit of $30.00, plus $25.00 "activation fee," and continued on my way. Later, I saw online Boost site the same phone for $129.99, as it is this day. On July 5, 2017, and within the 7-day return period, I returned the phone in the original packaging with receipt to the Lemoore store, which is where I live. The return was refused because "you have to return the phone to the store you bought it from." It does not matter if I intended to buy the same phone online at Boost site or not, but what does matter is that my return was refused by a store which is clearly "Boost Mobile." I do not care who owns it, if they are the same as those who own the Fresno store, or any other matter related to "independent franchise" operations. All I know is both stores are clearly "Boost Mobile." Is it not true that the return policy of every Boost Mobile store is the same? If you say they can be and are different I will say "Lie!" They most certainly are the same and have to be because of situations as mine: I did not and do not still have transportation to Fresno to complete a return. There is no truly viable reason for any Boost store to refuse a return for goods purchased at another Boost outlet. In fact, Boost had better make certain this "policy" does not violate intrastate commerce statutes or rules which govern such issues. I would like a refund of this purchase as is stipulated on the receipt. Thank you.
Michael Monahan
Highlighted
Agent

Hi there mmonahan63! In order to receive a full refund, you need to return the device to the same store where it was purchased.

Highlighted

I have been a Park wireless 33 inc Boost Mobile customer for 6 years at
601 Cheney Hwy, Titusville, FL 32780, but now I am so upset of how bad has the store owner are hiring employees that smoke weed in front of store disrespecting the company brand. I went there a few days ago and caught the district manager dianexi and a associate Xiomara smoking weed at the parking lot and now i am no longer happy with the company image, the owners need to get rid of bad people like that from the store is a disgrace to boost. I really want to contact someone in the media to see if I have a story with these two clowns. That's what happens when you hire a young girl as a district manager and not look into her background a little deeper
Highlighted
Groupie

I have been with Boost for years and have never had any issues until today. I purchased a preowned galaxy s7 edge and finally got it. I was super excited but after being transferred to technical support and being on the phone for 2 hours and still not being able to activated the rep said it had to be defective and would require me to send it back. I was bummed. He said use the packing slip as it was prepayed bit I didn't have one in the box so he said pay for it with my own money and he would put in my notes to credit my account with $20 either include it with the refund or add to my wallet. I sent back a defective phone with my own money, no problem Boost was going to take care of me. Well I got my refund for the phone but no $20 for mailing their defective phone back so I called them. They couldn't find it in their notes so I asked to speak to a supervisor, Stephen, supposedly he tells me no one is above him. He tells me he can not give me my money back because it's not in my notes and he can't give money back just because I didn't like the phone. I tell him if I didn't like it then why did I buy a replacement yesterday, same color same model. It was defective. He can't help me I get aggravated and honestly lose my temper boost is robbing me. Stephen tells me he will hang up on me. So basically if this next phone doesn't work I have to pay to return it as well and just keep paying to send back their defective phones? Who does business like that? Hopefully the phone works but if not I'm switching to Straight Talk. Who treats loyal customers like this when their own reps promise to reimburse the shipping? Insane!
Highlighted
Agent

Hi @Jamieboye82 We're certainly understand your frustration. However, the cost of sending the device back is at the customer's expense.

Highlighted
Groupie

Then why did your technical support tell me they would notate the account and credit me $20? And if the new phone is defective as well? Your telling me that I just keep paying to send a phone back that is defective, something that is not my problem? So 3-4 defective phones and I pay $50 in shipping fees? How is that good business?