Why is it so hard to place an order?

Accomplice

Why is it so hard to place an order?

I'm a potential new customer trying to buy a phone and switch service to Boost. I've been unable to place the order for 2 days using multiple payment methods each time saying my card is declined. I've been in touch with both banks who both, at first put a temporary hold on the card saying it looked like a fraudulent purchase. Both holds were since cleared and additional orders were attempted. After going back and forth with customer service at Boost and customer service with both credit card companies, they all blame each other. Meanwhile, I'm just trying to buy a phone. I can and do use my cards anywhere else and have plenty of funds available. Why is my card still being declined at Boost? I don't want to miss the VDAY sale or I'm just not going to buy anything and take my business elsewhere. It's been a very frustrating 2 days and the start of a bad relationship with a potential new business. I've cleared my cash, changed browsers, used different cards and different computers. I'm out of ideas. Has anyone else had this happen and how was it resolved?

10 REPLIES 10
Agent

Re: Why is it so hard to place an order?

So sorry to hear about this experience, nickiweber. We want to help! Can you please let us know the make and model of the phone you're trying to purchase?

Accomplice

Galaxy S7... it's even gone as far as allowing me to place an actual order with confirmation numbers and then the order being cancelled within 30 minutes.

Agent

We understand. Did you receive an Order Key along with the email confirmation? If so, please send us a private message with the Order Key so we can take a closer look.

Note: To send a private message just click on the picture of any Boost Mobile agent and, in the next screen, click "send this user a private message".

Accomplice

Advising me to purchase from the store is a lost cause. They don't honor the online prices or the VDAY discount code. The same phone that cost me $254 online will cost me $400 at the store. I tried that last night. Any other suggestions?

Agent

We're for the inconvenience. Other than trying with a different card, we could only advise you to visit the store.

Accomplice

I'm not paying $145 more at the store because no one can seem to get their act together there and figure out what's going on. I just had someone else try to place the order with their information and their credit card and theirs was declined as well. Not only that but their bank flagged the transaction as a fraudulent transaction as well. This whole thing has been a nightmare and a wake-up call to avoid boost and stick with my current carrier. Thanks for making it clear what kind of service I was getting myself into from the beginning.

Agent

We're sorry you feel this way. There are no reports of problems related to the purchase of the cellphone, meaning that it's being purchased normally without issues. We remain at your service. If you have any question, please let us know.

Accomplice

I'm not sure how you're not having reports of this trouble as I'm physically speaking with someone else having the EXACT same problem I am on the EXACT same phone. Might want to check into your reports. 

Agent

We advise you to try with a different card.