Unauthorized Outgoing Calls

Highlighted
Enthusiast

Unauthorized Outgoing Calls

I reviewed the last 30 days of my outbound calls, and none of them were made by me.  I contacted Customer Care and spoke with a supervisor who sadly blew me off and ignored my request to investigate the matter.  

The calls in question do not appear on my phone's call history, only on the Boost Mobile Account Activity web page.  Can someone please tell me how this has happened?

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Agent

Re: Unauthorized Outgoing Calls

Hi, @kudayta. Thanks for contacting us. Outgoing calls can be made only using a physical device. Are you positive that nobody use your phone to make calls without your knowledge or authorization?

Highlighted
Enthusiast

Yes I am positive on that point.  The phone is always with me, or at the foot of my bed charging.

Highlighted
Enthusiast

Furthermore, I am mostly certain that I am sane and of sound judgment.  I suppose it is possible that I am experiencing a psychotic break with reality, although I discount this hypothesis as unlikely for what I hope are obvious reasons 🙂

Highlighted
Agent

We understand. Unfortunately, there isn't much that we can do about it since there are privacy regulations that forbid phone carriers to install monitoring or control software on a personal devices, so we have no way to "secure" only the calls you have the knowledge of are made with your device. However, we can assure you that no other device has your same phone number, nor other device is associated with your number since this is systematically impossible. 

Highlighted

Sounds more like a glitch in the computer system. Have you had the number for a while ?

There are other ways this could happen but FAR less likely.

Occam"s razor.

Highlighted
Enthusiast

Yeah, about a year now I've had the number.

Highlighted

I just did a web search for "calls I didn't make appearing on my account" and got over 800 hits ! 🙂

So far more common than I thought.  If you can, print out the numbers on your account ( or screen shot them)

and save a copy of your original post here and your replys with the dates.

Highlighted
Accomplice

I had that happen to me. got a new number and had made 1 call  but boost listed lots before I even had the number.