Transfer visual voicemail messages from one phone to another

Highlighted
Accomplice

Transfer visual voicemail messages from one phone to another

I had to get a new LG Stylo 3 phone because the screen on my previous one broke. I transferred everything to the new phone following the instructions, put my visual voicemail messages are all missing. How do I get them from the old phone to the new phone? They are very important to me
10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Agent

Re: Transfer visual voicemail messages from one phone to another

Hey there, @SixSigmaGuy! We hear you!  if swapping from a phone with Visual Voicemail to another phone with Visual Voicemail, 5 days of voicemails are stored on the server. Also, be aware:

•You can’t mix and match voicemail, Visual Voicemail and iPhone, if you want to keep the messages.
•Going from a non-iPhone VVM to a non-iPhone VVM, 5 days of voicemails are stored on the server.
•Going from an iPhone to an iPhone, 5 days of voicemails are stored on the server.

Highlighted
Accomplice

I'm sorry, was there supposed to be an answer to my question somewhere there? I didn't see any answer.
Highlighted
Agent

Sorry if this was not helpful to you. If your current phone is the same type of phone as the LG phone, not an iPhone, your voicemail messages are stored on our server (our system) for 5 days after the swap. That means, if you just completed the swap, you should be able to access  the old messages, but after 5 days the messages won't be available anymore.

Highlighted
Accomplice

How do I get them off the server?
Highlighted
Agent

Hi SixSigmaGuy! What exactly happen when you click on the visual voicemail icon on your phone? do you have access to this messages through the regular voicemail feature?

Highlighted
Accomplice

On the new phone, there are no messages in the list. On the old phone there are messages going back to July 2017. But when I try to play one of those messages I get an error message saying unable to play message.
Highlighted
Agent

Just to confirm, Do you have any recent voicemail? Please try to play a message that is less than 5 days old.

Highlighted
Accomplice

Recent ones play fine. But they are on my new phone not on my old phone.
Highlighted
Accomplice

The ones on my old phone are all more than 5 days old, but I used to be able to play all of them going back to July.