Boost Mobile Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Boost app or BoostMobile.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit https://www.boostmobile.com/support/contact-us.html
Boost Mobile Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Boost app or BoostMobile.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit https://www.boostmobile.com/support/contact-us.html

Support for customers affected by Hurricane Maria

Community Manager

Support for customers affected by Hurricane Maria

For your safety please do not post personal information (including phone number or PIN) in this thread!

From the Sprint Newsroom:

SEPTEMBER 20, 2017 – Following the destruction caused by Hurricane Maria, Sprint today extended its waived text, call and data overage fees for Sprint, Boost Mobile and Virgin Mobile customers in Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands through September 24, 2017. Fees will be proactively waived during the specified timeframe. Customers on Unlimited plans will continue to enjoy their unlimited data, call and text benefits. Customers are encouraged to use text messaging when possible due to high call volumes and possible network congestion in the local area.

“The residents of Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands do not yet know the full extent of the damage done to their communities after this second massive storm, but we want to support them in these early hours and days,” said Sprint CEO Marcelo Claure. “As authorities and our teams on the ground assess the situation, we will work to continually support our employees and customers throughout the impacted region.”

For information about how Sprint prepares for and deals with storms and other emergencies,  and to stay up to date on the latest, please see the Sprint Newsroom article: Sprint Updates Related to Hurricane Maria

For your safety please do not post personal information (including phone number or PIN) in this thread!

FAQS

Q:  I am on a daily plan and can’t add money to my account.  Will my account be shut off?

A:  If you’re in an area affected by Hurricane Maria and on a daily plan we will keep your phone active by adding money to your account through 9/24/17

Q:  I am on an unlimited plan and can’t add money to my account.  What should I do?

A:  If you’re in an area affected by Hurricane Maria and are unable to add money to your account or your services have been shut off since 9/20/17, please post in this thread and an agent will help you,  Please do not post your phone number or PIN in your message.

Q:  My phone was damaged or lost since the storm.  What should I do?

A:  If you’re in an affected area and your phone was lost or damaged, please post in this thread and an agent will help you.  Please do not post your phone number or PIN in your message.

Q:  How do I send a private message?

A:  Click on the user name of the person you want to message (a Social care agent offering to help you).  You will be taken to their profile. Click the "Send this User a Private Message" box on the right hand side.  Type your message in the new window and click Send.

Do not post your phone number or PIN in this or any public forum.  

Once an agent has responded to you, we may move your comment off this thread to another space on the forums.  This will make it easier for other customers to read the information posted and follow the instructions.

If you have other questions related to Sprint and Boost's response to, feel free to ask them here.

Community Manager

Captain of the Pirate Ship the Vicious Cream Puff

If my post (or someone else's) was especially amusing, helpful, or informative, show a little love by clicking the 'thumbs' up' icon to give it a kudos or marking it the Accepted Solution.