Storage Space Running Out LG K3

Highlighted
Accomplice

Storage Space Running Out LG K3

I have deleted apps (that I use and play)...moved A LOT to my SD card... update LG software, Firmware, PRL, and Profile... restarted phone...and it's STILL telling me storage space running out. It's driving me crazy!! Someone... PLEASE HELP ME... again. Thanks
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Agent

Hey there, @Caution187 Updating our network software will not fix the issue, since this seems to be a device issue. We recommend you to contact the manufacturer (LG) in order to get this issue fixed as soon as possible.

Highlighted
Accomplice

Hey @MarcosG
Did that and still haven't heard anything back. I am now deleting things off my SD card... trying to figure out what else it could be.
I think I'll TRY to contact LG again...wish they were nice as all the Agents that's been helping me with this POS phone!!
Thank you @MarcosG!!
Accomplice

Highlighted
Agent

You are very welcome, @Caution187! Hopefully, they'll be able to assist you. If you ever need any other kind of assistance, do not hesitate to contact us, we'll be pleased to help!

Highlighted
Groupie

Caution-
There is nothing you an do. You can maybe get a 2 gigs back doing a factory reset. I just did yesterday.
I reset and didn't sign into Google or enable wifi. As soon as I got in turn data off. I go into settings and disable every LG, Boost & Google app I can. A few can't.
Then I restrict background data on anything I can. Not only do the Boost and Google apps fill up storage. They will use a majority of my data every month.
Then I set privacy settings in Google. This is pointless because Google changes them anyway Everytime it updates any app. Chrome updates and it changes Maps. Maps updates and it changes Gmail. I can only keep an eye on it and change them back.
After I turned Wi-Fi on and let the downloads begin. Huge amount from Boost and crazy updates from Google.
Now after a factory reset my 8gb phone is at 5.7gb full. I have Pandora and maybe 20 contacts on it.
I read another reply telling you to contact lg it is there problem.This is untrue and will not help you. This IS a carrier (Boost) locked phone. Locked by LG for Boost and Virgin. Locked so deep down that not even the best Android developers in the world can access it to remove 5.3gb of apps. This is the price I've paid for a $30 phone. A phone so full of bloatware it has filled the storage and used more data in 1 day then I use in a month.
It is also a huge privacy invader. Read the all permission under each app.
My only real advice other than that is- save your money and buy a new phone. It's what I'm doing.
If anyone disagrees I can provide anything I have available for review. Screenshots, emails, forums, links to lg info.
I don't like when big companies pray on people. People who can't afford an expensive phone, low income, elderly, parents buying a cheap phone for their kids in case they break it, or just someone trying to save money.
I would not recommend this phone to anyone. Especially someone wanting to provide a child with a phone. Every Google app imaginable (guess) is installed on it. You CAN NOT remove them. You can disable them but you have to use the play store to get other apps. That changes all your settings and we're back to figuring out what is mining data now. It's just an endless cycle that WILL drive someone insane. I have first hand experience. My only benefit is......after I contact Boost and am so frustrated I snap my phone in half....... it's a $30 phone and I can get it 24/7.
Hope this helps save you some headaches.